Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a viper remote starter/ alarm system put in over the summer.

and i find lately that the first time in the morning in my house or late at night when i go to press the start up button it will go to start then just not start up. So then i press the button again to shut it off, then turn it back on it will start the second time.

this has been going on lately, i don't know if it has anything to do with it being cold out, or maybe something wrong with the unit in the car?

can anyone help me out :)

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
If you got professionally installed I would recommend on going back to the person that installed it......is it a 2 way starter?.......I am not familiar with Viper but with the compustar pro...if it doesn't start the first time it'll try 2 more times(3 in total) and if it doesn't start it will signal the remote telling me it has not started......maybe somebody else will chime in and can give you an answer!! Good luck!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i had it installed by my guy who did my system.

It will say it started up on the remote but when i get near the car you can hear that the car is not running.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Find out if he used a Tach Wire or Voltage sensing to setup your alarm. I know on some DEI systems you can setup Voltage sensing if you can't find a tach wire. When you use Voltage Sensing it can be set in High and low modes.. You might not have enough juice at startup so it thinks there isn't enough voltage present if your set in high mode of voltage sensing. Try reading your owners manual. You can make this change yourself..

Bit it is set in low Volt mode already, your battery might be on its way out..

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
I've had this same problem every now and then. I had a Viper system in my 03 LT and I have an Autopage in my 07 SS. This happened in both trucks, but it wasn't a constant problem, it just did it when it felt like it. I had the tach wire hooked in the LT, and I have the injector wire hooked up in the SS.

I have friends that have Autopage units in their F-250 and Tacoma and it happens to them every now and then too. I think it may have something to do with the bypass module or something.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it doesn't do it that often to me either, it does it here in there. i was just wondering if it was a technical issue.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
100 Posts
I have a Viper alarm/remote start as well and it'll do it on occasion; usually when the outside temperature drops a lot. It'll crank like it's not getting enough juice then it'll start up the 2nd time.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,029 Posts
If it didn't do it before it might be a bad alternator when you have low voltage the first time it starts. I would also suspect a bad cell in the battery. Also make sure the Tach wire is connected. I think 2003/2004 were iffy years for voltage sense so it may not work right in some of those models. ALso make sure the tach learn proceedure is done as well after hooking up the tach wire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts