Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

A while back I brought my truck into the dealer ship to get my valve stems replaced as my tires were leaking and when I got it back the remote features did not work.. They said they would not fix it because it was an aftermarket remote start.

When I hit lock the horn sounds silently and does nothing it I hit it a few more times the alarm will go... If I hit unlock again a quite honk goes off.. and If I hit the start or alarm button nothing happens. I was wondering if this is just a programming issue? but I still fail to see how they managed to do it? unless it was just a flewk and failed right then..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the double post.. but does anyone know how to reprogram these? can it be done easily? again its after market.. dono who makes it but I know the controllers are the same shape as the stock ones and say "Ultra" on them.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
100 Posts
My Viper alarm used the valet button to program remotes.

Having said that, it's hard to know how to reprogram it without knowing the manufacturer.

Even knowing where you bought the alarm from can help, since each retailer only sells certain models.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,483 Posts
See if you can find the remote start unit itself, or you might even be able to tell from the key fob. You can look up the install and user manuals online, and they will have the programming sequences for the remotes

If it's an AutoMate remote start, I have both manuals in PDF form.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
678 Posts
Could be valet or bypass programing. Some of the older bypass's for GM's lost their programing if battery power was lost or spiked.
Find the Remote Starter Module and Bypass, and let us know what your running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts