Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a Viper 5900 alarm with remote start. I used the Directed XK01 bypass. I successfully installed the remote start alarm, however whenever I use the remote start to start the Voy, I experience decreased acceleration when moving from a stationary position (like in 1st & 2nd gear). However after that, it drives fine. In addition the SES like comes on. When I start the car without the remote (with the key in the ignition) I do not experience this problem, and it accelerates like a champ. :confused: Can anyone help me to understand what could possibly be causing this problem???

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When the SES light comes on, it should be latching in a code. Can you get it read?
I went to AutoZone a few weeks ago and they read me codes P0740, P0785, & P1860 (along with generalized causes). The thing about it is this ONLY happens when I start the Voy with the remote start. When I start it with the key it drives fine and the SES light goes away. It has to be something with the remote start. Could it be the bypass module? Does anyone know? :confused:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
16 Posts
Just going out on a limb here ,but did you hook up the second ignition and accesory wire on the remote start ??? i heard that if you dont the trailvoys will not run right , maybe that is the problem........ i have a remote start on my 06 tb and i used a fortin int-sl bypass, works great jusy my :m2:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Just going out on a limb here ,but did you hook up the second ignition and accesory wire on the remote start ??? i heard that if you dont the trailvoys will not run right , maybe that is the problem........ i have a remote start on my 06 tb and i used a fortin int-sl bypass, works great jusy my :m2:
:iagree:iirc without second ignition there will be no power to IGN 0 (fuse 47) and those DTC's will be set only when r/s is used
If I recall correctly, I did connect both ignition wires. On the picture attached, the only wires that I did not use were the RED/WHITE 12V Constant (as there are already 2 separate 12V Constant power wires connected), and the GREEN key side starter wire. Would either of these not being connected cause they problem?

Remote Start Wires.jpg

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
....just in posting that, I'm guessing it might have something to do with the key side starter wire not being connected. Huh?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
16 Posts
would double check your wiring, make sure you hooked up the second ignition and accessory wires .....as far as the keyside starter wire, i was told that on the trailvoys you dont have to hook up the starter wire because when the computer sees the accesory volts drop out it engages the starter automatically.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
would double check your wiring, make sure you hooked up the second ignition and accessory wires .....as far as the keyside starter wire, i was told that on the trailvoys you dont have to hook up the starter wire because when the computer sees the accesory volts drop out it engages the starter automatically.
I'm pretty sure that all but the two wires are connected, but will definitely double check tomorrow.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
371 Posts
Hook up all 12v constant input wires to your remote start brain, they are there for a reason.

The key side starter wire is used for when you cut the starter wire for anti-theft or anti-grind features. The TB has an anti-grind feature built into the computer already, so it doesn't need to be hooked up for that reason.

You need to have the pink wire on the TB hooked to IGN, the white wire of the TB hooked to IGN2, the orange wire of the TB hooked to ACC and the brown wire of the TB hooked to ACC2. The starter wire is yellow and only needs to be cut if you want the anti-theft feature of your alarm hooked up.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hook up all 12v constant input wires to your remote start brain, they are there for a reason.

The key side starter wire is used for when you cut the starter wire for anti-theft or anti-grind features. The TB has an anti-grind feature built into the computer already, so it doesn't need to be hooked up for that reason.

You need to have the pink wire on the TB hooked to IGN, the white wire of the TB hooked to IGN2, the orange wire of the TB hooked to ACC and the brown wire of the TB hooked to ACC2. The starter wire is yellow and only needs to be cut if you want the anti-theft feature of your alarm hooked up.

Hope this helps.
I have all of the wires included in your second paragraph connected. I will connect the 3rd power wire and see if that makes a difference

1 - 12 of 12 Posts