Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this please bear with me. I recently purchased a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer with 116 k miles. I began having problems with the battery so I installed a new one. Since then my keyless entry and remote start will not operate. when I press the lock or unlock on the remote the lights flash but nothing happens. I also replaced the battery in the remote to eliminate that as a problem. Any suggestions? Help! turpin38

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this please bear with me. I recently purchased a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer with 116 k miles. I began having problems with the battery so I installed a new one. Since then my keyless entry and remote start will not operate. when I press the lock or unlock on the remote the lights flash but nothing happens. I also replaced the battery in the remote to eliminate that as a problem. Any suggestions? Help! turpin38
if you only replaced the battery and this started happening, either a fuse popped or something did not get hooked back up duing battery install/removal (maybe the door lock and/or remote start had a lead running to the battery post)

or you are in valet mode, some alarm systems default to this when the battery dies to save the owner grief (not great protection from theives but saves women and non tech savvy drivers alot of grief - good alrms dothe opposite, they engage starter kills etc when battery dies or power ois removed to give thieves grief!)

possibly your system disables locks and remote start in valet mode

what is your status LED light look like? on solid, off, blink at all, etc? does it change status when you press your remote?

really this is all just random guesses unless you post what system you have and can maybe do some basic testing and research for me, like get under the dash, find the alarm brain and check the fuses, etc

do you have a voltmeter or LED test light?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
13 Posts
If the battery is disconnected the module that controls the doorlocks and passlock bypass through the databus will need to be reprogrammed. Doesn't happen EVERY time you disconnect the battery, but it's not uncommon to see.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike M
Allentown, PA

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My remotes still will not program

I went through the procedure for reprograming."1. Close all doors
2. Insert key into ignition
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver's door panel, continue to hold down
until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in a fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine.)
6. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine.)
8. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
9. Release the power UNLOCK button on the door panel. The vehicle should respond by
door locks locking and unlocking automatically. (If locks do not cycle after you let go,
not before you let go of the unlock button, then the vehicle has not entered programming
mode and you must start procedure over. Remove key from ignition, open drivers door
and return to step 1 ). If the locks do cycle automatically then proceed to step 10.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote at the same time until the doors lock and
unlock. This may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional remote. (Including any existing remotes).
12. Turn the ignition to the ON position to exit the programming mode.
13. Test remote(s). "
My remote is a Valet 474T. When I get to the part about holding down the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously the engine starts instead of the door locks operating. I think that the Valet 474T requires a different programing sequence. Anyone know what it is?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts