Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if anyone can help me out, but I am having problems with a remote start alarm install. Everything worked perfectly fine for about a half an hour. Now when I press the button for the remote start to come on, it starts, but immediately cuts off. :ugh: (I have the XK01 bypass connected.) In addition, when I press the lock button, the alarm just goes off. :mad: Like it was in panic mode or something, but it's not! Can anyone help me, as I am seriously about to pull my hair out trying to figure out what in the world is going on. :crazy:

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
81 Posts
Did you tap into the factory alarm? That might be your problem because when the car starts nothing is sending a signal to the alarm saying its ok to start, so it turns off the motor. That is also why your horn is going off when you lock the door.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
1,268 Posts
sounds like the bypass is not installed right. do you have the data wire hooked up to the obd2 plug this should b a purple wire. also do you have the neg trig wire hooked up to it so when its remote started it turns on the bypass this should b a blue or light blue wire.

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Now when I press the button for the remote start to come on, it starts, but immediately cuts off. :ugh: (I have the XK01 bypass connected.)
Is the XK still lighting up when you turn the ignition key to the run position?

In addition, when I press the lock button, the alarm just goes off
after you disarm the system, turn the ignition key to the run position....there should be a sequence of LED blinks...count them and post them

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just a disclaimer I don't actually know anything about installing remote starts or alarms. I just remember having the same problem with my 01 Blazer when a friend of mine was installing mine. He tapped into the factory alarm and everything has worked fine since then.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you tap into the factory alarm? That might be your problem because when the car starts nothing is sending a signal to the alarm saying its ok to start, so it turns off the motor. That is also why your horn is going off when you lock the door.
I don't know anything about a factory alarm. I thought the bypass module was suppose to take care of that. I do not know what is causing the alarm to sound when the lock button (on the aftermarket remote) is pressed. Earlier today it worked like a charm. The windows even rolled up when I pressed the lock button twice!

sounds like the bypass is not installed right. do you have the data wire hooked up to the obd2 plug this should b a purple wire. also do you have the neg trig wire hooked up to it so when its remote started it turns on the bypass this should b a blue or light blue wire.
Yeah, I do have the data wire connected, and it worked fine at first. But now, not so much. I do not see any blue wiring for the bypass. The XK01 has a brown wire for the bypass, which is connected to my the alarm.

Is the XK still lighting up when you turn the ignition key to the run position?

after you disarm the system, turn the ignition key to the run position....there should be a sequence of LED blinks...count them and post them
Still lighting up? Should it be constantly on? If so, it's not. When I turn the ignition switch, it blinks once (indicating that it is programmed for the Envoy), but that is it. It goes off after that. (Also, when it's turned off/the key is not in the ignition in the on position, the LED light is off as well.)

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Still lighting up? Should it be constantly on? If so, it's not. When I turn the ignition switch, it blinks once (indicating that it is programmed for the Envoy), but that is it. It goes off after that. (Also, when it's turned off/the key is not in the ignition in the on position, the LED light is off as well.)
whoops, I goofed on the second question:eek:

there should be a sequence of LED blinks from the alarm LED after you disarm the system

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whoops, I goofed on the second question:eek:

there should be a sequence of LED blinks from the alarm LED after you disarm the system
The bypass module blinks once. I do not have the LED light connected to the alarm, so I can't say how many times the actually alarm blinks. I even unplugged the bypass module and pressed the lock button, to see if there was a bypass error, and the alarm was still triggered. This is really bothering me because I have had the alarm installed for two weeks and have not had any problems. I will probably end up taking tomorrow off of work, staying home and rewiring everything to find the problem. Unless someone has ran into this problem before and can shed some light

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't know anything about a factory alarm. I thought the bypass module was suppose to take care of that. I do not know what is causing the alarm to sound when the lock button (on the aftermarket remote) is pressed. Earlier today it worked like a charm. The windows even rolled up when I pressed the lock button twice!
There is a factory alarm wire you need to tap into. There should be a wire coming from the brain of the unit going to the factory alarm.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is a factory alarm wire you need to tap into. There should be a wire coming from the brain of the unit going to the factory alarm.
Where is the factory alarm located? BTW, I went ahead and ordered another alarm system. I believe the one I had was cheap and faulty. It was a Scytek and was only $100. I had read a couple of good reviews on it, and figured it would be a good buy. I just ordered a Viper 5900. Hopefully I will not have the same problems out of this remote start alarm system that I did from the Scytek Astra. Actually I ordered two (of the Viper alarms) and will be installing one on my old lady's 07 Altima. Lucky me! :crazy: Lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Where is the factory alarm located? BTW, I went ahead and ordered another alarm system. I believe the one I had was cheap and faulty. It was a Scytek and was only $100. I had read a couple of good reviews on it, and figured it would be a good buy. I just ordered a Viper 5900. Hopefully I will not have the same problems out of this remote start alarm system that I did from the Scytek Astra. Actually I ordered two (of the Viper alarms) and will be installing one on my old lady's 07 Altima. Lucky me! :crazy: Lol
Like I said I don't know anything about installing them. All I know is there is a wire under the dash somewhere that allows you to tap into the factory alarm. It should be in the wiring diagram you have.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
113 Posts
I have read over and over that the data hookup is flaky and does some strange stuff sometimes. A lot of sites I've been reading has said to just do it wire to wire for the XK01.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts