Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first I thought I was losing it. I'd get in my truck and I'd notice the passenger side mirror was out of position and readjust it. The next time I get it's the same thing.

So then I notice whenever I unlock the truck the mirror adjusts itself outwards.

I'm thinking BCM.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
Nope, think again, this has been an ongoing issue with GM's memory mirrors since the GMT360 platform was released in 2001. The possible cures are as follows:

1) Have the DOOR Modules Reprogrammed (Warning they sometimes blow)
2) Replace Mirror Actuators (The internal motorized guts of the mirrors)
3) 1 & 2 Fail to correct the problem, the dealer than replaced the door modules

My '02 went through 3 sets of Actuators and had the driver side door module blow out during the reprogram, thankfully under warranty. Oh yeah, and the dealer broke the driver side dimming mirror glass (it dimmed in '02) replacing the actuators the last time.

The $0.10 FIX, in the settings, turn off the memory seat/mirrors feature in DIC menu. When you unlock via remote, the truck performs an automatic M1 or M2 settings, depending upon which remote you used to unlock the truck.

An alternate temporarily fix is to reset the positions, moving the mirror up, down, left, and right several times (cleans the rheostats) and then save the settings into memory. Usually lasts anywhere from a few days to a month.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I'm the only one driving it so I'll just disable this feature.

Thanks again

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Disabled the Driver 1 memory, no mirror/remote issues now.

Thanks

·
Registered
2007 buick rainier
6 Posts
Nope, think again, this has been an ongoing issue with GM's memory mirrors since the GMT360 platform was released in 2001. The possible cures are as follows:

1) Have the DOOR Modules Reprogrammed (Warning they sometimes blow)
2) Replace Mirror Actuators (The internal motorized guts of the mirrors)
3) 1 & 2 Fail to correct the problem, the dealer than replaced the door modules

My '02 went through 3 sets of Actuators and had the driver side door module blow out during the reprogram, thankfully under warranty. Oh yeah, and the dealer broke the driver side dimming mirror glass (it dimmed in '02) replacing the actuators the last time.

The $0.10 FIX, in the settings, turn off the memory seat/mirrors feature in DIC menu. When you unlock via remote, the truck performs an automatic M1 or M2 settings, depending upon which remote you used to unlock the truck.

An alternate temporarily fix is to reset the positions, moving the mirror up, down, left, and right several times (cleans the rheostats) and then save the settings into memory. Usually lasts anywhere from a few days to a month.
Great reply!!

I thought I was losing it as well, drives me nuts.

Thanks very much!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.