Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all,
Jerry here.

I own a 2003 Trailblazer EXT and have a condition of a clicking sound under the right side rear trim cover after the vehicle is started. Not all the time, but most.
It is activated by a solenoid being cycled in the fuse panel by something. I stops after a while but think the situation needs to be rectified.
Any thoughts as to what could be cycling the relay?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
340 Posts
How many clicks? The BCM computer tests the integrity of the fuel system by opening and closing solenoids on the fuel tank vents a couple of minutes after starting. Takes less than 10 seconds as I recall.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It Veries

Most of the time it will be a steady almost 2 times a second for 20 to 30 seconds and other times it is a rhythmic 1,2,3 pause, 1,2,3 for approx. same duration.
I like your quote, William!

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,194 Posts
That noise is one of the two actuators in the rear HVAC system, when they click like that, it means that the gears are worn out or broken. The rear HVAC is located behind a panel in the passenger side of the cargo area.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. Sounds like you got it.

Sorry guys. I am learning the site and did not realize this is the Intro Thread (I hope).
No more tech questions.

I am an 82 year old retired Industrial Construction Field Engineer living in South Carolina and am the owner of a 2003 Trailblazer EXT. looking for help on answering some questions I may have on same.Looks like this may be the place.
I am presently having the worn out front suspension replaced (hope it is a wise decision) to make it a vehicle that will last me until I drive on the Great Autobon in the sky . Have a Pull a Part close by for a source of the little things.

Thank you guys in advance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts