Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang did some work recently and thought I'd share. Made my own grill insert, lost the trash can, put an amplified antenna under the cowl, and did some customizing of the rear reflectors while I was at it. I thought I'd share some before pics from right after I brought the Stormtrooper (thats what my kids and I call the tb) home. I plan on doing the crossbar, headlights, and a de-badge in the next couple weeks. Was debating doing the wiper arms white too. This weekend is the hundered thousand mile tune up...

Attachments

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Looks good. I like the skull in the bowtie, too.

·
Premium Member
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3,572 Posts
Looks good!
I did the mesh to my reflectors also but I lost one.
So I made some vinyl mesh to cover mine.
Hey that just gave me an idea I should make some out of my black reflective vinyl!
I now have white reflective if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
45 Posts
How did you do the reflector mods? I love the way it looks and want to try it on my own TB.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Same material as grill inserts (hinged gutter gaurd). Remove reflectors, and mark an outline with a sharpie about half an inch around outside edges. cut it out and bend it around the reflector. I used a large pair of needle nose pliars to work my way around and had to trim out the corners so it lay right. Get it so the reflector actualy "snaps" in and out of the guard. (careful not to sratctch them up). I also trimmed a little where the tabs at the top of the reflector are. Test for fit. Then primer, color match, clear, and cure. Install and enjoy!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
Looks good!
I did the mesh to my reflectors also but I lost one.
So I made some vinyl mesh to cover mine.
Hey that just gave me an idea I should make some out of my black reflective vinyl!
I now have white reflective if anyone is interested.
Hmmmmm, why would you happen to have black reflective vinyl lying around??!! :raspberry

That sounds pretty cool.

And to the OP, I like the look :yes:

Chris

·
Registered
45 Posts
Got nothing going on tomorrow, going to start work on this mod whenever i roll outta bed.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
The reflector mod was done quite some time ago ;)... couple years at least... but mine was easier and blends better...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Didnt figure I invnted it lol...I like yours, but I wanted it to match the grill inserts and wanted some of the reflective properties to remain. What did you use?

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Didnt figure I invnted it lol...I like yours, but I wanted it to match the grill inserts and wanted some of the reflective properties to remain. What did you use?
I used vinyl from work... so just a sticker... and it still reflects like new... used the same stuff on the third brake light too...

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
297 Posts
how do you take the stock reflectors off? whats holding them on, bolts? do you need to take the rear bumper off?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just reach up under the bumper, you will feel a tab...squueze the sides and push a little.

·
Registered
45 Posts
:iagree: Don't worry about it.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Some jobs are just easier when someone is around to lend a hand.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts