Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 Blazer has a reduced engine power light that comes on often, I changed out the whole throttle body itself and made sure everything was plugged in and my light still comes on, although I would like to note that my light went off and stayed off for some time and came back but not as often as it used to. I have a P2138 & P060E code that’s being shown to me. I’ve purchased a new accelerator pedal sensor and going to put it in soon. Could my pedal be the cause if it wasn’t my TB? Also replacing the TB made my truck run ALOT smoother and my idle has been so much better than what it was before. My only issue is the REP. I would also like to note that in the winter or colder days it doesn’t come on as much compared to the summer, I find it weird but is there any answer to that?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,367 Posts
First, you have to understand that fault codes point to certain functional areas not specific parts in those areas. They are meant to guide a technician to an area and then he needs to troubleshoot for the cause of the fault. In the case of the P2138 code and the REP condition, it can involve not only the throttle body or the accelerator pedal sensor but also the wiring associated with those parts. There have been times when people have found that the 5VDC reference voltage was the cause of a REP condition. This reference voltage is also used by the fan clutch.

The P060E code indicates there may be a problem with PCM internals, but I would try investigating the REP problem first.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First, you have to understand that fault codes point to certain functional areas not specific parts in those areas. They are meant to guide a technician to an area and then he needs to troubleshoot for the cause of the fault. In the case of the P2138 code and the REP condition, it can involve not only the throttle body or the accelerator pedal sensor but also the wiring associated with those parts. There have been times when people have found that the 5VDC reference voltage was the cause of a REP condition. This reference voltage is also used by the fan clutch.

The P060E code indicates there may be a problem with PCM internals, but I would try investigating the REP problem first.
That’s what I was thinking, my wires may be bad as well as my fan clutch. I will check all wires associated with everything and if all fails I will look into my PCM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts