Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy
8 Posts
Hey man. I replaced my throttle body and my car I haven't seen that light since. I paid 375 for it at autozone. It's been running sweat.
I would recommend you do the same and see what happens. You might want to try cleaning it with throttle body cleaner first to see if that work. You might get a few weeks service before you have to replace it depending on how bad it is.

Good luck
TY, I did try cleaning the TB 2 days ago. Do you know what codes the computer was throwing out before you replaced it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds like throttle body is the way to go? It happens with mine all winter. I have to warm it up for 20 minutes. Then, I have to get up to 30 veeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrry slowly. Push too hard on the accelerator and automatic Reduced Power. BUT, once you get up to 30, you can put the cruise control on and accelerate on the turn signal and speed up normally. You just can't hit the accelerator at any speed or idle. Because of that, it's definitely a throttle/accelerator thing I assume.

How tough is it to replace a throttle body?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
2005 trailblazer reduced engine power mode

I pulled the codes from the computer p0302 #2 misfire, p2135 tps sensor/switch a/b voltage correlation, and p2138 tps sensor/switch d/e voltage correlation. Replaced #2 coil and 302 disappeared and engine idled smooth, replaced the throttle body for tps and the vehicle ran fine until the reduced engine power mode kicked in, shut vehicle off and started it was fine but would kick back in causing all loss of throttle control. I am leaning toward pcm but not sure, any thoughts?:undecided

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
2005 trailblazer reduced engine power mode

Also when i test drove it i pushed the pedal 3/4 way down and the mode came on, when i shut it off and started the vehicle it reset and as long as i featured it i got up to speeds of 55. when i turn on the a/c at idle the vehicle almost dies but adjusts to rough idle.:confused:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
I too am having rep issues as well. I got code p0641 which is a 5v recerence code plus i got the fan speed code, the tps code and the app code. Could it be the fan clutch cuz the scanner sain thats what it was but with the other codes im unsure and for $150 for the clutch i wanna be sure.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
I figured it out. I tested the 5v reference circuit and traced it to a bad fan clutch and 4 of the 5 wires were broken as well and causing my limp mode issues. I put in a new fan clutch and all is well.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali_xl
3 Posts
My 2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali with about 150,000 miles stalled 2 weeks ago going through a stoplight, but all dash stuff was still working, I coasted to a stop with manual steering and brakes, the dash displayed a check engine light and a reduced engine power light. While stalled, I was cranking it occasionally for 30 minutes and then it finally started, seems like once it cooled down, it started fine and got me home. The next day, it did the same thing after 20+ min. of driving, took a little longer this time to start, about 40 min, cranked it occasionally, then it started and ran fine. Both times, it showed (2) codes when it stalled like P1682, P2176 and then (4) pending codes P0443, P0689, P1682, P2176. but once it restarted, codes disappeared like nothing happened. The 3rd time it happened and it took over an hour for it to start and run. All the time it would crank strong, just not fire up till it seemed to cool down. I read forums for days, I thought I had it fixed when I bought a crankshaft sensor, took 2 hours to replace it with big hands, fired it up and it died 30 min. later, once The engine bay heated up, I removed the Throttle Body and cleaned it thoroughly, removed the air cleaned and blew it with compressed air, hooked up a fuel pressure gauge and started the engine, the fuel pressure stayed around 60psi, and then it stalled 30 min later, but the pressure never dropped, even when it stalled. I wiggled all the circuit breakers, switched some around that were the same, no fix, I removed my Fuse Box as someone else had posted, it looked perfect to me on the surface and underneath with the big plugs unplugged, not one blister or burn mark, I looked it over meticulously and seen nothing wrong with it, but I took a chance and ordered a new one for $275 from a popular site on the net, guess what, problem fixed. I can't believe it. I've seen so many people spend hundreds of dollars on sensors, pcm's and dealerships, but for me it was a fuse box that looked to be in good shape. I hope this post helps someone else, I wanted to post my fix and error codes to save someone else the money and downtime.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
The "reduced engine power" message is not a sensor. It is a message from the PCM that some sensor(s) or operating parameters are not reporting correct information to the PCM or the sensor(s) are providing information that is causing the PCM to protect the powertrain. The problems that can cause a reduced engine power are probably too numerous to list.
Next time it happens, make sure you get the DTC codes and post them to the site. You should get many responses once you have some codes that everyone can make sense of. There are several very helpful members that can start to diagnose the problem with a little additional information.
Hey guys,

I'm new to the Trailblazer community and thus to the site!
Here the thing: I recently acquired a 2004 Trailblazer. A few days later the "Reduced Engine Power" light came up when my wife was parked with the car idling for maybe 5 min. She put it in drive and tried to give some throttle but nothing happened. She stopped the engine. Could not start again right away. After about 5-minute wait, she was able to start the car again. The REP light turned off but the Check Engine light came on. She drove home (5 min) with the light on and parked it. I started the car a few hours later that evening, the Check Engine light was gone. So I scanned the car with a Solus unit I was able to borrow and got the P0606 PCM Internal Processor Fault code. Any idea what that might be?
My wife doesn't want to drive the car anymore as she's afraid she'll damage the engine :/

Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Ses and rep light ,,,no acceleration,,, draining battery when key foward and no headlights anyone any fix???? Please help

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
P0113, p0123, p1120, p1220,P1271, p1635,P1639,P1512, please any e help my throttle body on my 03 trailblazer 4.2 won't open I have reduced engine powere and ses if it's idling about 2000 and I push the gas it goes down to about 100 if it's idling at about 1000 and I hit the gas it goes up to about 1500 also no low beam headlights and sometimes artery drain I need help please! !!

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1 Posts
When put in gear SES and REP light goes on and pedal goes limp

HI, I have been reading different threads on the forum for REP lights, but my probable seems a little different. The car starts, and revs no problem with the gas pedal. As soon as I put in reverse or drive and hit the gas, the REP light goes on and the gas pedal goes limp. Before I change the pedal sensor or throttle body, does anyone have an idea on what is causing it to go limp after it is put in gear?? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
6 Posts
JCP0521 I am having a similar problem. Where did you get your fuse box from? There are some on ebay and some in the junk yard. And did you replace the fuse box without doing a "system relearn".

My 2006 GMC Envoy XL Denali with about 150,000 miles stalled 2 weeks ago going through a stoplight, but all dash stuff was still working, I coasted to a stop with manual steering and brakes, the dash displayed a check engine light and a reduced engine power light. While stalled, I was cranking it occasionally for 30 minutes and then it finally started, seems like once it cooled down, it started fine and got me home. The next day, it did the same thing after 20+ min. of driving, took a little longer this time to start, about 40 min, cranked it occasionally, then it started and ran fine. Both times, it showed (2) codes when it stalled like P1682, P2176 and then (4) pending codes P0443, P0689, P1682, P2176. but once it restarted, codes disappeared like nothing happened. The 3rd time it happened and it took over an hour for it to start and run. All the time it would crank strong, just not fire up till it seemed to cool down. I read forums for days, I thought I had it fixed when I bought a crankshaft sensor, took 2 hours to replace it with big hands, fired it up and it died 30 min. later, once The engine bay heated up, I removed the Throttle Body and cleaned it thoroughly, removed the air cleaned and blew it with compressed air, hooked up a fuel pressure gauge and started the engine, the fuel pressure stayed around 60psi, and then it stalled 30 min later, but the pressure never dropped, even when it stalled. I wiggled all the circuit breakers, switched some around that were the same, no fix, I removed my Fuse Box as someone else had posted, it looked perfect to me on the surface and underneath with the big plugs unplugged, not one blister or burn mark, I looked it over meticulously and seen nothing wrong with it, but I took a chance and ordered a new one for $275 from a popular site on the net, guess what, problem fixed. I can't believe it. I've seen so many people spend hundreds of dollars on sensors, pcm's and dealerships, but for me it was a fuse box that looked to be in good shape. I hope this post helps someone else, I wanted to post my fix and error codes to save someone else the money and downtime.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the site.

The "reduced engine power" message is not a sensor. It is a message from the PCM that some sensor(s) or operating parameters are not reporting correct information to the PCM or the sensor(s) are providing information that is causing the PCM to protect the powertrain. The problems that can cause a reduced engine power are probably too numerous to list.

Next time it happens, make sure you get the DTC codes and post them to the site. You should get many responses once you have some codes that everyone can make sense of. There are several very helpful members that can start to diagnose the problem with a little additional information.

I also agree with rcam81, fill out your profile so we all know what configuration you are driving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having a similar problem with my 2003 trailblazer I replaced the throttle body and accelerator pedal plus replaced the fuel pump and in still having problems...first off the rpms don't register and the fuel gauge goes all the way around then I can start it and it idles fine but the accelerator pedal will not work!!! In at my whitts end on this and I'm about to just roll it across the scales!! Just kidding...any ideas...oh yea I'm getting codes p1275 and p1280 which are app sensor 1 and 2 but when I test the sensors the test as good

61 - 75 of 75 Posts