Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again folks,

Well I finally got my truck back after it sitting in the shop for over 5 weeks being fixed after getting t-boned after having only about 2 weeks or so... and now I've got other issues haha..

Well, before it got hit I was sitting in traffic at McDonalds one afternoon and I noticed a slight difference in the idle, then when accelerating when leaving McDonalds, it was somewhat hesitant upon acceleration and before I know it the SES light comes on... well a trip to Advance took only a minute and the associate hooked up to the truck and it through bank one sensor 2 code... well I replaced it and the light was still on...didn't have time to fix it because I got hit that next night lol..

Well I have it back now and it's at it again, I took it back to Advance today and they hooked up and its now showing bank one sensor 1...that threw me through a loop!! I never knew of both sensors going bad back to back like that, but it makes sense..

So I ordered one and it will be here in the morning so I'll be changing that asap... but in the meantime, tonight when a buddy and me was cruising the streets haha.. I decided I wanted to run it a little bit, so we went out of town and turned at the end of a three lane straight stretch and came back to town, well I went to kick it down into passing gear and it didn't take it and the Reduced Engine Power light came on and it slowed to a crawl not allowing me to accelerate any if at all... well I stopped and turned the truck off and re-started it with no problems, until I tried to kick it down again and it repeated what it done the first time....

I was thinking that this is very likely because of the O2 sensor not reacting quickly enough and it's not taking the sudden burst of fuel ??

What are your alls thoughts on this?

Oh yeah, I removed and thoroughly cleaned my carboned-up throttle body today, got it shiny like brand new again, and I checked and made sure everything was put back correctly, so I don't think it has anything to do with that.

I've not slept at all tonight I've been so worried about this... I really hope once I replace that O2 later today that it will clear up, but this has me concerned.

I'm sorry for the long post, just didn't want to miss any information, and I thank you in advance for any possible help :)

Daniel

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
What new P code are you getting? What is the number? Do a search on O2 sensors and you will read a lot about them. Did you disconnect the battery cable for at least 1/2 hr when you cleaned the throttle body? If not, I would do that now.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I didn't get in any P codes ?...and I didn't disconnect the battery, actually I was so excited that I forgot too lol.. (it was my first time cleaning the throttle body) was that probably what was wrong ? not disconnecting the battery?

Thanks,

Daniel :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts