Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Chevy Trailblazer LT
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2002 trailblazer 150k miles had been running great cleaned throttle body new fuel filter and Seafoamed fuel last month and brake booster 2 weeks ago.
Was having no issues then yesterday started it and had check engine and reduced engine power light on gas low acceleration. So I took it home and let it sit a few hours started it up today to check it out and no issues. It’s not really cold out either. It seemed to run fine. But any ideas on what I should check would he greet ive seen it can be an intermittent problem. Thanks

·
Registered
454 Posts
I don't know if this is even relevant to your problem --- but it happened to me and was pretty much a carbon copy of your symptoms.

I would be running along on Cruise Control and every once in a while after 10 miles or so --- I'd get the dreaded down-arrow and reduced power.

I always carry a mini OBD-2 scanner/code clearing tool and it told me the Cruise Control was the problem. I wasn't using anything but the cruise control at that time so it kinda made sense.

Then there were some other symptoms and it finally boiled down to a bad Battery B+ cable at the battery. It had been over tightened and it was leaking acid on the connex because of a broken post seal.

I cleaned and gobbed it up with some RTV Silicone gasket maker (the blue version) and so far no problems - but I know I'll need to replace the battery soon.

It's been a couple of weeks and a couple of tanks of gas and still it's working fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know if this is even relevant to your problem --- but it happened to me and was pretty much a carbon copy of your symptoms.

I would be running along on Cruise Control and every once in a while after 10 miles or so --- I'd get the dreaded down-arrow and reduced power.

I always carry a mini OBD-2 scanner/code clearing tool and it told me the Cruise Control was the problem. I wasn't using anything but the cruise control at that time so it kinda made sense.

Then there were some other symptoms and it finally boiled down to a bad Battery B+ cable at the battery. It had been over tightened and it was leaking acid on the connex because of a broken post seal.

I cleaned and gobbed it up with some RTV Silicone gasket maker (the blue version) and so far no problems - but I know I'll need to replace the battery soon.

It's been a couple of weeks and a couple of tanks of gas and still it's working fine.
It sounds a lot like mine. I replaced the throttle body and it turned out to be the throttle position sensor. Oh well, it's fixed now. It was only money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts