Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some searching but couldn't find an answer. Is there a significant differance between the $60 kit and the $110 elite kit besides the fact that the elite is made of stainless steel?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the standards on my wife's TB and the Elites on my Denali and as far as function, there's no difference.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
625 Posts
If we knew the closed and open dimensions of the strut we could make our own and cheaper.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,219 Posts
how hard do you have to push to close your hood? I would hate to bring my truck to get serviced and then have the mechanic almost break off my bug sheild to close the hood.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
2,903 Posts

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
deathbynosleep said:
how hard do you have to push to close your hood? I would hate to bring my truck to get serviced and then have the mechanic almost break off my bug sheild to close the hood.
The one gripe I have about the struts is that when the hood gets within about 6 inches of closing, the force you need to exert goes to ZERO! The hood just falls though a point and slams itself shut with a surprising bang. A first time user is more likely to break your bug shield from the impact, or break their finger by not expecting it to fall.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
2,903 Posts
From the latch behind the grille to the catch on the underside of the hood (shortest linear distance), I come up with 29.25" with the Redline kit installed. :m2:

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
Closing the hood isn't a problem with a bug shield, I have one on my Envoy with the Red-Line kit and haven't had any problems with service. You need only take one hand and start it down gently and the hood just drops.....with the prop-rod, I would have to lift it up about a foot and let go to close it and the impact noise was about the same.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,529 Posts
How is the install on these? Anyone know if these would work for the SS, or if they have a kit the them? I know they are diff hoods, but if you have to drill for it, it really shouldnt matter.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
6,943 Posts
I think I'm going to order a set soon...cleaning and detailing is a pain with that rod

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Install was the same as the regular TB. I installed in about a 1/2 hour and that was because I was triple checking everything. The only part I didn't like on the install was the drilling.....I think I'd rather drill my arm then the truck. :crazy: BTW, I got the premium ones.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
BLK60SS said:
I think I'd rather drill my arm then the truckQUOTE]
If you need some glue to patch your arm up, you know where to find me :crazy:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts