Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unprotected red wires concern me. Found this wire while working under the hood. Near the battery and fuse box on driver's side. It seems to be factory original since it is embedded in the harness which looks undisturbed. No voltage when car is off, on accessory, and running. It's too short to go to the alternator. No way to connect to the battery. Not sure if it's long enough to connect to something inside the fuse box.

I bought this 2005 Envoy XL in December. It has a clean history from what I know. It has been in a family that owned a GMC dealership and well maintained. I doubt they disconnected something a left it hanging.

Any idea where it should go?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
It is an "upbuilder's" wire that powers up the trailer battery (if you have one) for the emergency trailer breakaway brakes.

I use mine for that and to run a small winch on the trailer tongue to help when I go for firewood.

Lessee if I can find a post or a video for you that I made..... brb

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Get ready! It's uploading right now!
I ran out in my widdle baby naked feet (that's all that was naked) to make this short unedited video for you.

Hope it helps.

Stand by - it's gonna be good!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,437 Posts
And tonight's academy award winner for best on-the-fly video goes to Ravalli Surfer! Nicely done!!

Reactions: garywcook

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Still, you did extremely well! Also thanks for the 2nd opinion on that lady's transmission problems!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the response Ravalli. Excellent video. Hollywood has a place for you. :):)

Getting down to my short list on repairs. Discovered this while replacing the temperature sensor yesterday.

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS 4x4, 4.2L:, 2016 ATS-V, 2014 CTS-V Wagon, 2018 Audi A7
170 Posts
I'm still stuck and having nightmares because of that one word, 'naked' lol.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I'm still stuck and having nightmares because of that one word, 'naked' lol.
When I was still in diapers I had to stoke the wood fire to get it burning and set the coffee pot on it for my parents when they got up.
If the firewood was used up, I'd push the door open against the snow and walk in my tiny, baby, naked feet 1/4 mile to the creek and break the ice ...................... so I could rinse out my diaper.
On the way back I'd load up a small sled with firewood and kindling and drag it uphill to the house and put it in the fireplace and start it burning.

Then I could go back to bed to sleep some more before my cold Pablum was ready.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
And were you able to wear a coat as you did this work?

• Haha

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Good for you! Your parents decided to toughen you up beginning at an early age - Congratulations!!! 😍

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Yeah --- well --- I cry like a little girl when I get snow in my pants now!

Don't ask.
It happens.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Well, considering what you when through when you were knee high to a Coke bottle, that OK.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts