Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at the recommended tire pressure on the sticker inside the door panel on my 08 and couldn't believe it they recommend 35psi rear and 30psi front. Anyone ever heard of this??? The truck was delivered with 35 all around and that's what I've kept it at because it's always worked well for me on this and previous vehicles. The only thing I can think is that they're trying to enhance handling, but I gotta think 30 up front is going to wear out those tires in a hurry. It had the OEM Michelins.

· Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,671 Posts
I looked at the recommended tire pressure on the sticker inside the door panel on my 08 and couldn't believe it they recommend 35psi rear and 30psi front. Anyone ever heard of this??? The truck was delivered with 35 all around and that's what I've kept it at because it's always worked well for me on this and previous vehicles. The only thing I can think is that they're trying to enhance handling, but I gotta think 30 up front is going to wear out those tires in a hurry. It had the OEM Michelins.
Yes. My 05 EXT has the same thing. I usually run 32 - 34 in the front. 35 all around is fine. Personally I haven't seen that much different between 30 in the front and 35 - except maybe the tires wear a little more at 30.

· Registered
5,201 Posts
I do 32 on all tires......with my winter tires(16's oem) and aftermarket(20's)........its pretty much preference......and check you tires every month to make sure you have properly inflated tires!!

· Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
968 Posts
Do you have an EXT? I didn't think that the standard TB had different front/rear air pressure recommendations.

The reason for the higher pressure in the rear is to accommodate the advertised cargo capacity and towing. My last Suburban took 32 in front, and 42 in the rear tires. I can tell you that it definitely towed and rode better when keeping the rears at 42. On your TB, 35 in front may cause some feathering and excessive wear in the center. But if not seeing any of the, there's no reason you can't run 35 in front. It'll just be a little bit stiffer of a ride.

· Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doc, no mine is just the standard wheelbase, not an EXT. Roadie, I just haven't gotten around to changing my info. yet. I only have one TB. I traded my 03 for an 08 on a just too good to pass up offer from GM.
Thanks for the input, I think I'll just leave em at 35 all around, I'm more concerned with getting good wear out of them than a little rougher ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.