Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm new, with an '03 Trailblazer that I've been working on slowly, and been wanting to improve in various ways. Was b0ught new by my mother before being passed on to me as a 16th Birthday present After getting my License, and in the more recent years I've been stepping up the improvement of the Vehicle from a comfort standard.

That being said, recently Purchased a REMIN full Dash kit, and wanted opinions on what people thought. I'd give more pictures than the one I have here, but the car is currently in the shop for a broken and leaking Radiator, but will gladly post more once I re-acquire the car.

The reason I ask opinion is after driving it for a While, I'm worried that some of the Dash kit appears obviously fake, while others are Beautiful. In particular, the Radio setup is beautiful, as is the wheel when combined with my wheel cover, but Everything else seems... a bit much.

PS: Yes, I realize I accidently bought the version for a rear fan switch when I don't have one. I'm thinking of how I can use that space for something perhaps.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
332 Posts
Actually, that looks pretty good.

that's the thing about customizing...does not really matter what others think, the only opinion that really counts is yours

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might copy you.lol
If you do, I recommend a hair dryer on low pointed at the parts that bend or curve, and that you take your time very much. I may need to re-attach some of mine because of lack of curving and time-taking.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
171 Posts
That looks very nice. I might do something like that myself. 2 things that would make it look even nicer is the airbag cover with the embossed round chev emblem in it, and the upgrade shifter handle with the chrome strip in it. My 05 has both of them.

That wood grain makes it look alot more elegant IMHO.

Looking on ebay the Buick Ranier has a woodgrain shifter handle...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks very nice. I might do something like that myself. 2 things that would make it look even nicer is the airbag cover with the embossed round chev emblem in it, and the upgrade shifter handle with the chrome strip in it. My 05 has both of them.
I'll look into it. A little Chrome accent might be nice, and an embossed symbol even better. I thought about actually seeing if I can't rig the wheel symbol to have a lighted chevy symbol, but pipe dream.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
32 Posts
that is really cool

When I buy my dad's Trailblazer which I use all the time (he hasn't given it to me yet) I want to customize it and really make it mine. I like the idea of changing the dash and I just thought about maybe making my car resemble some details from the movie Tron. Any opinions on making my Trailblazer resemble tron? I'm thinking of back lit add-on's or just making it darker inside and giving it a new color.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts