Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 TB EXT Rear wiper will not work once it’s turned off. I have to either manually reseat it back into the bracket or open up the hatch window to get it to reseat.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
340 Posts
I would try taking the wiper arm off to see if it operates correctly without it. If it does then you can reinstall the arm in the correct position. I needed a puller (loaner from Autozone) to get mine off even after 2 days soaking in Liquid Wrench and WD-40. If it still doesn't work without the arm then there is a problem with the switch inside the motor.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
76 Posts
The rear wiper misalignment/faltering in operation/stopping operation is a common problem with these vehicles. I had to take my '06 Trailblazer's rear wiper motor fully out of the lift gate, strip the motor and control board down and completely refurbish it from scratch. It works fine now. I would recommend anyone to do the process, regardless if the rear wiper is working. The rear wiper motor is notorious for gumming up and stopping.

This rebuild video is the one I used to figure out how to refurbish the rear wiper, but I went in to more depth on my rear wiper motor than the guy in the video did with his:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts