Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Rear wiper switch or motor??? Help!!!

[SOLVED] 
6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Khirsa 
#1 ·
Hello! First time poster here. I just purchased a 2005 GMC Envoy SLE and the rear wiper does not work. Can someone tell me how I would find out if I need to replace the switch or the motor? I'm an amateur here so be gentle....Haha!:)

#4 ·
My first post, I just picked mine up 3 weeks ago. My rear wiper goes half way across the window to the middle then stops. when I turn it off it returns to the starting position. Any help to fix it would be appreciated. Thank you. and thanks for letting me join your site.

#7 ·
Don't see why you couldn't. Better junk yards generally give a short warranty like 3k miles or such. Nice part there is you can pick up all the hardware and a arm and such if yours is not up to snuff. You can check ebay as well, though just make sure you look at what your buying and read the description. My advice is price check first. Try a local parts store or 2 as well. I buy most of my stuff new except for things like the rubber inserts for the cup holders. 20$ for a new Dorman or 5$ for all 3 and a little soap and water...

#9 ·
You should be fine, take your time and put things back where they came from. I have not had to do a motor yet but make sure you observe the park position. I would leave the arm off and test it and the make sure it sweeps the width of the window and comes back to the park or rest position before you toss the arm on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.