Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
6 Posts
Rear Wiper doesn't work on 2004 GMC Envoy XL

All,
I have read all the posts and have found them informative. I have examined the wires in the rubber boot and haven't found any of them to be broken.

When I turn on the rear wiper, it appears to raise about 1/4 inch and then stops. Is there anything that I can test or check? I am very inexperienced on testing electrical.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
170 Posts
You have power at the motor but it is not operating properly. Sounds like the motors dead. Check the junk yards. Very reasonable.:coffee

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
6 Posts
Rear wiper doesn't work on 2004 GMC Envoy XL

I guess that I figured out what was wrong. The voltages all tested good as described in an earlier post. I ended up going to a local junk yard and secured a used motor for $50. They let me plug it up and test it on my SUV before I bought it, and it worked. I guess that the old motor must have been broken even though it moved about 1/4 inch when the power was supplied.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
Rear Wiper problem

2007 Trailblazer
i just replaced the rear wiper motor with a new one, it worked fine durring the installation and a few times after that. but..... the next day it seems to be dead.
What is the next logical thing to check?
:weird:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
Rear Wiper Motor Module

Does anyone know if you can get just the module that is attached to the rear wiper motor? One of my small relays are bad in the circuit board. Thanks

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
10 Posts
Been fighting with a rear wiper that would only work on the occasion - verified power to the rear, front switch was good. Ultimately the fix proved to be just re-bending the wiper arm as it was not parking itself correctly - now that the arm parks correctly, it works every time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just a word from a very inexperienced envoy owner---remember every time you test to see if the parts you are replacing, have to be done with the tailgate properly CLOSED
My problem was in the harness at the top wher the hindges are--pulled out the grommet an the broken wire we found was the only thing wrong. Spliced and works fine.
I wish I would have read this first. Would have stopped me from taking my dash apart to check voltages at the wiper switch!:bonk:

Salvage yard motor worked just fine after I closed the tailgate.

Thanks for all of the awesome info. Very helpful!

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
18 Posts
rear wiper motor doesnt always work

have an 03 envoy xl my original motor quit i replaced it and it did a half cycle and then quit . I would have to help it park so i figured that motor was defective so i took i back and tried another one , This one works alittle better but sometimes i still have to help it park or finish a cycle I would then have to wait awhile for it to work again i asume that is the circuit breaker # 9 in the rear fuse box i have 12v dc between the black (ground) and the orange .Its like the motor is not getting enough voltage i could use some help and i have read all of the posts and replies i could use pictures and schematics if possible thanks hommer eastern canada:crazy:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
170 Posts
I would check that wire in the joint between the body and the door .. almost seems like a cracked wire or intermittent short. I put a junk yard one in mine ... it was good for a year... then a new one ... works good. But this string has just about every spin you could ask for. Good luck.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
I just spent 3 hours swearing at ours in the driveway. Wish I would have searched and read first. :duh::hissy::weird::bonk: I put in a new motor because it would intermittently work and ultimately quit and it was actually one broken and 3 frayed wires in the hinge. I did update the wiper arm to the new style though as the old one kept seizing and wouldn't flex to the window.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
2 Posts
2007 Envoy Rear Wiper issues

I have 07 and the rear wiper only works some of the time. The washer works all of the time. No wires broken, FOB works fine, no clicking etc. One thing I do notice is when I remove/wiggle fuse #9 it will start working again for a few hours or days. As soon as it does not work again, I have to wiggle the fuse or remove it. I have replaced the fuse three times with other fuses. Always the same issue.:hissy:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
122 Posts
I found that the harness connector to the BCM had a little corrosion. It was affecting my steering wheel controls as well as the rear wiper. After a few push/pull cycles on the connector the problem went away. Try checking for corrosion on all connections.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
21 Posts
This thread is gold.

I just found my orange wire was broken in two in the rubber flex section on the top of the lift gate.

This was pretty simple once I verified 0 volts to the orange wire's pin at the wiper motor harness, only 0.3 ohm resistance across #9 fuse, and 12v on the rear side of the fuse bus...

I am just glad it wasn't the BCM or wiper motor.

I also verified (previously) that the rear wiper switch had ~1550 ohms on #3 and ~3000 ohms on #1. I am not sure what this should have been, but it doesn't appear to be an issue.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
2 Posts
Still no luck

I checked for corrosion everywhere that I could check. My rear wiper works if I pull #9 fuse and reinsert it until I shut the vehicle off. As soon as I shut off the vehicle and the door opens killing all power, the rear wiper will not work again unless I pull and reinsert the fuse. It is like the fuse getting pulled resets something somewhere? Any ideas would be great. I checked for frayed wires etc but it is all in good shape. I replaced the wiper motor, the dash switch and all the relays. The rear washer pumps correctly and the fob works. Rear lift gate unlatches correctly etc. Rear defrost is fine. It's just the motor that acts up. Please help! I checked the ribbon wire in the module under the seat in front of the fuse box but it looks good to me. Thank you!

·
Registered
non_gmt360 trailblazer_lt_ext
241 Posts
I checked for corrosion everywhere that I could check. My rear wiper works if I pull #9 fuse and reinsert it until I shut the vehicle off. As soon as I shut off the vehicle and the door opens killing all power, the rear wiper will not work again unless I pull and reinsert the fuse. It is like the fuse getting pulled resets something somewhere? Any ideas would be great. I checked for frayed wires etc but it is all in good shape. I replaced the wiper motor, the dash switch and all the relays. The rear washer pumps correctly and the fob works. Rear lift gate unlatches correctly etc. Rear defrost is fine. It's just the motor that acts up. Please help! I checked the ribbon wire in the module under the seat in front of the fuse box but it looks good to me. Thank you!
you would have better luck over on the other site getting answers.. follow the link HERE and get welcomed to the promise land.. unfortunately the site is down for maintenance at the moment, but for sure check later today and join over there..

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello guys, I have your threads and I have the same issue, but in my case I can hear a click when I try to turn on the wipers on the rear, do you know if it can also cause not to reset the FOB keys due to not locking, I heard that it all ties together any ideas?

61 - 80 of 80 Posts