Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
170 Posts
Interesting point in my testing ... I have no fluid pumping to the back ... I have 12 v on the orange....

Guess I will start with pulling the switch... :duh:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
856 Posts
I have had this problem for a few years now. When I turn on the wiper...nothing, when I turn the switch all the way to the 3rd position, it works, sometimes the 2nd position.

When this happens, I turn the switch all the way on then off and it works.

Happens practically everytime I want to use it now, but moving the switch back and forth does the trick...in my case anyway.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
23 Posts
Just a word from a very inexperienced envoy owner---remember every time you test to see if the parts you are replacing, have to be done with the tailgate properly CLOSED
My problem was in the harness at the top wher the hindges are--pulled out the grommet an the broken wire we found was the only thing wrong. Spliced and works fine.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
856 Posts
Just a word from a very inexperienced envoy owner---remember every time you test to see if the parts you are replacing, have to be done with the tailgate properly CLOSED
My problem was in the harness at the top wher the hindges are--pulled out the grommet an the broken wire we found was the only thing wrong. Spliced and works fine.
Excellent tip....I also forgot that the wiper shuts off when the gate is open.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
Hey Dawg - was it the motor ??

Or is it still a problem ??
:tiphat
I have not been able to find the issue and have kind of given up on it for now. I can't see any breaks in the wiring harness between the door and the body. Without a wire schematic and expected voltage values, it will be difficult to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
170 Posts
Many thanks to all the string ... tested at the motor connection - had juice - when I would turn the switch to different settings it would make noise at the motor ...
Ordered a used one on line - $45 worked great ... Thanks again to all. :coffee

:tiphat

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Excellent tip....I also forgot that the wiper shuts off when the gate is open.:thumbsup:

holy cow :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::hissy::hissy::hissy::duh::duh::duh:

i've spent a couple hours troubleshooting already and this never occurred to me

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
61 Posts
Mine has been in-op for a short time. I have experienced one dead battery that I cannot account for. Wiper moves about 1-3 inches than stops. I wanted to check the wire fray theory, but I cannot see any wires near my hinges. Where are they on the 2006? :confused:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
Finally fixed my rear wiper

I took the motor apart again this weekend to see if I could just get around the pc card to wire the motor in to a dash switch of my own, just to get by.

In the process, I found a inductor coil on the pc card that one end came loose from the pc board. I resoldered the inductor back into the board and the motor works fine now.

Most likely shook loose with the repeated closing of the rear gate over the years.

Had I just replaced the motor, it would have fixed the issue for me, but I was fortunate to find the loose part and fix the motor's pc card instead.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
3 Posts
Lift Gate Problem

I first noticed my wipers did not work last night. No movement for any speed setting. And I could not open the rear hatch, I couldn't lock the doors with the key fob, and the radio turned off when I turned the key off. I need some help, I checked all the fuses and they are okay. What should I do? Pulling a Child stroller through the rear doors at the mall parking lot is a pain in the a#$ :sadcry:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
7 Posts
I first noticed my wipers did not work last night. No movement for any speed setting. And I could not open the rear hatch, I couldn't lock the doors with the key fob, and the radio turned off when I turned the key off. I need some help, I checked all the fuses and they are okay. What should I do? Pulling a Child stroller through the rear doors at the mall parking lot is a pain in the a#$ :sadcry:
That sounds like the Liftgate Control Module to me. The key fobs not working is a big clue, as that function lives in there. It is also necessary for the wipers and hatch. I bet your defroster doesn't work now either.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
5 Posts
so if I pickup a used lgm does it still need to be reprogrammed. I know how to reprogram the remotes but I am asking for the wipers, defrost, and liftgate lock...?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
21 Posts
The BCM is just forward of the fuse panel under the rear seat. It uses a flex connectors and it's not as easy to troubleshoot.

If you have no 12V on the orange wire at the motor, that's the first (and perhaps only) thing to fix. Nothing about the motor can work without 12V. Since it's not switched on or off with the ignition, it should be there all the time. It comes from Circuit breaker 9 in the rear fuse panel. Measure the voltage in the socket after taking the breaker out. One of them will be 12V. Then measure the orange wire again at the motor. If it has no voltage, the breaker is bad or the wire is broken, probably where it flexes near the hatch hinge. Ask your electrician buddy for advice how to check the wire for continuity. If the wire breaks from flexing, the break can be hidden inside the insulation and you can tell by the way it bends differently at the break.
So your saying if the socket for breaker 9 is hot, and both side of the breaker is showing hot and you have NO power at the orange at the motor, you MUST have a break in the wire at the door jamb?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
21 Posts
I answered my own question. Found the broken orange wire in the jamb. BUT, I found a second orange wire broken. What did that wire control? The smaller orange wire was the wiper and I have no idea what the bigger orange wire controlled.

I would like to know how people were able to slip the new wire inside that wire boot to fix the broken wire. It was so tight with all the existing wires, I had to slice the boot to slip the 2 new wires I ran.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
117 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2002 TB. The wiper and the washer does not work. I had the LCM replaced two years ago (the wiper would only work if I used the washer). Now the washer nor the wiper works. I put the old LCM back in and neither the wiper nor the washer work. When the LCM is programmed, does the PCM ignore the old LCM? And do I need another LCM?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
21 Posts
I'd guess the defrost wires, which take more current.
I was wondering about that. Just bought this thing and havent had to use the defrost yet. Still curious how people slipped new wires in that boot.

On a side note, when I bought this thing last week, the oil pressure gauge didnt work. It was pegged way past 80 like I have seen on here. Thought I had the stepper motor malfunction I saw on here. I was playing with all the buttons for several hours after I bought it and with all the doors open, lights on and CD playing all night, I ran the battery down. When I boosted the battery, it rebooted the oil pressure gauge and now it works properly. I must be living right because I got the seller to reduce the price thinking I had a gauge problem and a rear wiper problem.

Thx for the help

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt_xl
24 Posts
I have an 06 envoy and the rear wiper clicks but doesnt move unless i get out and move the arm. Then it will continue to go at 1 speed even if I put the switch in postistion 2 or 3. If I turn it off and then turn it back on it will work. if I shut the truck off and turn it back on I have the same problem all over again. I have not seen any issues like this one on here so I hope someone can help. Thanks, Josh

41 - 60 of 80 Posts