Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
Bought a Duralast wiper blade from Autozone. I installed it and found out that it doesn't sit well in the holder, and it doesn't stay in the hook. So, I don't recommend them. Next, I installed a 31-16 Anco blade. It sat ok (not as good as the original blade), and locked into the hook, but when wiping it kept hitting the handle for the glass hatch. I believe the size is supposed to be 16". Trying to avoid buying the dealer part. Can anyone here shed some light on this? Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Envoy Fan

So it's the Chevy dealer for the wiper. Wonder if I install an '07 arm (different design than earlier models), if that will accept non-oem wiper blades? Just trying to avoid the dealer. Why part stores catalogs have the wiper listed is a mystery. The part no. should read: "Dealer only" or "--". A lot of people will be disappointed like I was. Thanks again for your answer.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
If you buy a 07 style wiper arm you have to buy the wiper blade as well from the dealer......I tried using a wiper blade from a local store and ended up ripping the piece that holds in the blade in place.......so $100CAD I bought another 07 wiper arm and a oem wiper blade.....

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
If you buy a 07 style wiper arm you have to buy the wiper blade as well from the dealer......I tried using a wiper blade from a local store and ended up ripping the piece that holds in the blade in place.......so $100CAD I bought another 07 wiper arm and a oem wiper blade.....
I had lots of problems with 2 oem replacement blades from the dealer seperating and the metal strips gouged my paint. I used the 16" Bosch Icon and cut it to the same length as the strips are encased in rubber. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,063 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. So I ordered a new OEM replacement arm (cause I stupidly threw the original away) and am going to put a Rainex Latitude blade on it...that's what I was trying to put on when I broke the 07 arm.

Matt

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone

I'll stick with the original arm and check out the Bosch Icon (07BlazerMan's idea). All this because of a rear wiper! It's a good thing the windshield wipers can be bought at most part stores. Anything to save some $.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.