Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few months ago, I bought a 2008 Envoy. At that time, the rear wiper arm was locked up. I broke the wiper arm trying to free the motor. The motor was seized up, so I replaced the motor and arm.

After that, the rear wiper worked fine on all settings and would park (return to the cradle) after turning it off. However, 5-10 minutes later the wiper arm would make one pass and stay in the standby position above the cradle and stay there. This happens regardless of the engine running or the key in the on position. If I turn the wipers on again, everything works fine and the arm parks, but 5-10 minutes later the same thing happens and the arm is stuck in the standby position.

I replaced the switch, which was loose anyway because the spring backs broke off. I also switched the relays with no change. If I pull the fuse and put it back in (even without the key on), the wiper will either park (if it is already in the standby position) or make one pass and stay in the standby position (if the arm is already parked). This alternates from one scenario to the other if I repeatedly pull the fuse and replace it.

Upon researching this forum, I disconnected the battery for over a 1/2 hour with no change. I also looked at the wiring where it goes from the body to the gate and there was no fraying; the wires looked perfectly fine.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why the arm wants to always rest in the standby mode and how to fix it? I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fixed

For those who are interested, it turns out that the reman motor I bought was bad. I exchanged it for another one and the problem was fixed.

Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts