Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 tb. My rear window washer does not work. The wiper will work but when I press the button for the washer I get nothing. The wiper does not even move. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
there is fluid in the tank right?

it uses the same tank as the front wipers.. just has two pumps mounted on the front of it (one for front and one for back)

also you can check the fuse underhood (I believe there is one) :undecided

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same problem, however...

I have the same problem. Changed the fuses, still nothing. could it be the switch? Sometimes I have to turn the switch a couple of times for the rear wiper to even start to wipe. Also, if the wiper is on and I press the washer button, the wiper returns to the cradle and no longer works until I depress the washer button. HELP!:mad:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
25 Posts
I have the same problem. Changed the fuses, still nothing. could it be the switch? Sometimes I have to turn the switch a couple of times for the rear wiper to even start to wipe. Also, if the wiper is on and I press the washer button, the wiper returns to the cradle and no longer works until I depress the washer button. HELP!:mad:
I have the same problem. I think it's the switch.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
32 Posts
My washer does not work either. The wiper itself works fine, and it responds when i press the wash button and i can actually hear the washer motor when i press the button, but no fluid comes out. My wiper used to get stuck, but it hasn't in over a year (knock on wood), no clue what changed, but it works.

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
1,012 Posts
My washer does not work either. The wiper itself works fine, and it responds when i press the wash button and i can actually hear the washer motor when i press the button, but no fluid comes out. My wiper used to get stuck, but it hasn't in over a year (knock on wood), no clue what changed, but it works.
Do the front sprayers work? If so, look into this:

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=68672

·
Registered
4 Posts
Front sprayers work great. just the back that doesn't. I don't hear the pump in front when I push the rear washer button, but I didn't think that would have anything to do with the back wiper not moving when the washer button is pressed.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
32 Posts
I will check out that the hoses and pump in the rear. Thanks for the thread link. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
23 Posts
rear washer problem

Hi Your pump motor is burned out.It's right up front mounted on the lower edge of the washer fluid bottle.Happened to mine a couple of weeks ago.It will cost you $225.00 to have the dealer replace it.Mine was still covered so i paid nothing.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
It will cost you $225.00 to have the dealer replace it.
:eek: :eek: :eek: It's ACDelco #10386722, and costs under $20 at Rockauto and the usual discount places. If I had a warranty that included any sort of deductible, I'd probably replace it myself and avoid paying anything plus the annoyance factor of leaving it for service.

But that assumes you know for sure it's the pump at fault and not a fuse or the switch or the wiring.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
23 Posts
rear washer problems

The dealer told me they have a high failure rate.The fuses hardly ever blow they say.

·
Registered
4 Posts
**solved**

Ok, I have solved my problem. It was a bad rear wiper switch. I purchased a used one from ebay for $14.00, free shipping, and it took less than 20 minutes to replace. Once installed and the rear washer button pushed, my rear window was cleaned by the flow of washer fluid as blue as the Caribbean Sea! Ok, maybe not that blue, but it was a relief to finally figure out what was causing the issue.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
110 Posts
Good to know...

Also can anyone explain why my buttons are backwards? When I press the washer button for the back it sprays on the front and vice versa....Sorry to thread jack....:hijacked

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
1,012 Posts
Good to know...

Also can anyone explain why my buttons are backwards? When I press the washer button for the back it sprays on the front and vice versa....Sorry to thread jack....:hijacked
easy fix - just swap the hoses coming out of the pumps. They are side-by-side under the air filter at the base of the washer tank.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
6 Posts
I had the exact same problem on my Envoy.
-I disconnected the hose on the feed to the rear washer under the hood and pointed the hose at the wall of my garage, tried the button and saw washer fluid fly 15' right into the wall, so I knew it wasn't the pump.
-I then went to the rear wiper itself and disconnected the washer hose there, as I knew there was some sort of pluggage in the hose between the rear and the connection under the hood.
-I sparked up my air compressor put on the blow gun attachment and blew backwards through the hose. I gave it a couple of little bursts until I saw washer fluind and air blowing out from under the hood.
-Put back on all hose connections and voila...works like a charm.

Hope this may help someone. My wife was threatening to take it into the shop if I didn't fix it myself:m2:

·
Registered
2005 chevy
39 Posts
Rear washer

Mine just packed it in.And the glass now looks like a flippin etch-a-scetch. Pulled front hoses both have super pressure. Will blow out the rear line when I find an air hose..BUT I would like to know where the rear washer hose runs just incase it is bent or squashed. This info would probably benefit us all :)

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
123 Posts
I have the same problem. I think it's the switch.
Test the pumps, change the hose on the front to the rear and try the front granted the rear wiper will not come on but if it sprays then replace the pump if it does not spray and before you switched them the front did then check the hose it could be clogged. i would then reccomend you switch the hoses back.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts