Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Folks,

Opened the rear door after we had a heavy snow fall - thought I had cleaned all the snow from the roof.

When I opened the read door I could hear some squeaking and looked up and saw the snow trapped between the fairing at the top of the door and the door itself.

It had pulled the fairing up and the right screw holding the fairing had pulled through the material.

Also I think that the bracket between the center and the right side is bent.

Anybody ever have to do these fairing adjustments or do I have to replace the center bracket.

If someone has the time could you post a pic of the brackets attaching this fairing to the window - that center right bracket just doesn't look correct plus that right screw assembly has been completely pulled through the material.

Merry Christmas everyone and welcome to winter.

Here's some pics:

Right rear

Right rear

Inside left outer side

Inside left center

Inside right center

Inside right outer side

Any and all help greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Bill French

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
771 Posts
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=2986&highlight=Top+Liftgate

Take out the 4 torx screws, unplug the wire and and run a utility knife under where it sits on the glass, take the complete piece off.

Mark where the bar sits on the inside of it. Take off the metal bar, clean with rubbing alcohol and purchase the stongest silicone type glue (aquarium) and a roll of exterior 3M tape. Glue the bar back into place and put tape back on the edge, do not take tape covering off the exposed side as yet. Let sit for 48 hours inside until cured. Before install, see how the brackets line up, you may have to bend down a bit to pull the complete piece back down.

You will have to wait until the weather get warm to instal because the glass needs to be warm for the 3M tape to stick. Do not use 3M tape to stick the bar, I did that and when the summer came, the tape loosen from the bar. Had to do it all over again. Goodluck. I drove around without mine all winter and installed in the spring.

If they end pieces for the screw came out you can use something like gorilla glue or maybe even some type of aquarium glue.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=2986&highlight=Top+Liftgate

Take out the 4 torx screws, unplug the wire and and run a utility knife under where it sits on the glass, take the complete piece off.

Mark where the bar sits on the inside of it. Take off the metal bar, clean with rubbing alcohol and purchase the stongest silicone type glue (aquarium) and a roll of exterior 3M tape. Glue the bar back into place and put tape back on the edge, do not take tape covering off the exposed side as yet. Let sit for 48 hours inside until cured. Before install, see how the brackets line up, you may have to bend down a bit to pull the complete piece back down.

You will have to wait until the weather get warm to instal because the glass needs to be warm for the 3M tape to stick. Do not use 3M tape to stick the bar, I did that and when the summer came, the tape loosen from the bar. Had to do it all over again. Goodluck. I drove around without mine all winter and installed in the spring.

If they end pieces for the screw came out you can use something like gorilla glue or maybe even some type of aquarium glue.
Thanks, Menthol,

That gives me plenty of time to get the parts together cause it won't get warm enough for that until late May.

Bill

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
771 Posts
Got the glue and 3M tape at Home Depot. (Paint area)

Just remember if you're leaving it on until May, do not open the liftgate or the top piece can get jammed and will push on the glass which can shatter from the pressure.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the glue and 3M tape at Home Depot. (Paint area)

Just remember if you're leaving it on until May, do not open the liftgate or the top piece can get jammed and will push on the glass which can shatter from the pressure.
Thanks, Menthol.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts