Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has been having this problem. I have the mirror that shows the direction you are traveling and the outside temperature. Now, instead of it saying the temperature, it just says "OC" underneath the direction. Anyone have a solution? Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has been having this problem. I have the mirror that shows the direction you are traveling and the outside temperature. Now, instead of it saying the temperature, it just says "OC" underneath the direction. Anyone have a solution? Thanks.
Yes.

Have you used the handy search feature? You would find that this is likely caused by one of 2 things. First, the ambient air temperature sensor may have gone bad. Secondly, wiring from the sensor to the mirror may have gone bad. Either way, you would get OC (which stands for OPEN CIRCUIT).

Chris

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
9 Posts
"OC"

Did you manage to get this fixed? I have the same problem.

Never mind did a search and have the answer I am looking for.

Have a good one!!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
449 Posts
OC = Open Circuit..

IE. Check your wiring/connections.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
19 Posts

Interesting. Did ya get it fixed? Mine just sporadically works and doesn't

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,380 Posts
When my sensor was going bad, it would sometimes say "OC" and sometimes show the temp. I replaced the sensor and its been fine ever since.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
"OC" Rear view mirror

Hi to all of you. I am new to this site so I am phishing around to get some answers. I hope I am in the right place.
I have a 2003 Trailbalzer that has a "OC" on the rearview mirror which I have found means open circuit.
I have looked at the pictures on this site and this one is not loscated where it is shown. Has any one else found it in another area? If so maybe you could describe in detail or post a picture?
I would appreciate any information any one has.:tiphat

Ok! I went back a looked where the pictures described it and low and behold it was right there. I think I was working to hard at this.
My wife had it into the local garage for this 6 times in the past 3 years asking to fix it and they didn't. Now she thinks I am a hero.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
OC Mirror

Yes you are correct. I almost had the whole wiring harness out this morning looking for it. I just went out lifted the hood and it was right there.
:duh::)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts