Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rear speakers are not workin i checked head unit nothing is loosei have 03 ext and no sound in the back speakers hook me up with solutions cause i know somebody fixed this problem thats y i love this site thanx in advance:bonk:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Typically it's because somebody pushed the rear audio control button on, which suppresses the rear speakers so the rear seat kids can plug in their headphones. Check the Owner's Manual.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
I have the same problem in my '05 TB, no controls in the back. First, the drivers side rear went out, then a few months later the passenger side. I the wires are loose in the head unit connector, how do I fix them?:undecided

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
...I the wires are loose...
If you meant to say *if* the wires are loose, you take the connector pins out of the housings, tighten them with needlenose pliers, and reinsert them.

It's also possible that your speakers went bad from rain or snow dripping on them, or the wiring in the door hinge area flexed too much and one's broken.

I recommend getting the head unit out, remove the speaker connector, and use a meter to measure the ohms on each speaker connection. The GM pinout definition for the head unit connector is very well published on the net.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
Thanks, I did mean 'if'. I took the rear door panels off to check the wiring at the speaker, and it seemed fine. I'll check the head unit connector tonight. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts