Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all!

my 02 envoy's rear air ride compressor has finally crapped out. I was reading on replacing the rear shocks instead of the air ride. In your opinion what shocks and spring combos would you recomend in order to keep it at roughly the nornal factory height. i was reading the "avalanche " shocks are pretty great, but the springs will lift it 1.5 to 2 inches? please let me know .Thanks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
721 Posts
The Avalanche springs will give you lift and extra load carrying capacity but the price is a stiffer ride.

I installed just the Avalanche shocks with my stock springs, and I think they are way too harsh unless you are going to be carrying a lot of weight in the back on a regular basis. I bought them because they were cheap, and I can live with them, but I would not recommend them if you can get shocks valved for our trucks at a reasonable price. TBSS shocks, or stock Trailvoy shocks will be fine, IMHO.

Mark

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
134 Posts
I was thinking of doing Bilst. HD shocks and Ava. springs..... I bought the Ava. shock/spring combo off ebay and was wondering if it would be too firm

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
I have some Trailblazer SS and some standard rear shocks, both sets nearly brand new, for sale if you're interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts