Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first post and would just like to thank everyone for the plethora of information that can be found here. Currently my TrailBlazer has the "standard" rear seat climate control with the knob and the "PWR" button. I am curious can I replace the current REAR seat climate control system with the "rear seat audio system", The digital unit with headphone jacks? Is the TrailBlazer pre-wired for this? Is it an easy mod? Is it even possible?

Thank you

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
I don't think anyone can answer that question with any degree of practical experience.

Question was asked a few weeks ago, and answers ran all the way from NOPE to maybe.

I personally think you should be the one to find out for us, :crackup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. I think I will just stop by a salvage yard, pick up the rear seat system (when I do the rear view mirror mod) and find out. I'll report my findings soon. It will probably be a couple of weeks.:thx

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
I'm guessing it will be plug and play.

A couple of members have added the steering wheel controls, required some mechanical upgrades, but I think the electrical connections were there.
The rear seat system is probably the same.

Just try a search on the wheel conversions and read through the steps, might help answer some questions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great idea! Maybe this weekend i'll pull of the rear climate control system, take a peek see if it is pre-wired

Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts