Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried installing a Trailblazer or Envoy rear bumper with the step, onto the back of a Buick Rainier? I would think it should bolt up. Just change the inner steel frame, absorber and paint to match shell, it would have different reflectors but it looks like it would work

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,420 Posts
WHY!?!?!?!??!!? Why would you put the abomination of the old step bumper that so many people want rid of on the truck with a wonderful bumper??? The step isn't so great and you can just get one of those that fit in your hitch cheaper and easier... plus the body lines done match up so that would not be fun...

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
it would bolt up but would not look right from the side; the Rainier bumper has the groves in the side that flow from the front fender through the doors to the rear bumper; it would look strange with those groves cut off at the rear fender; if you need a step I woudl recomend a chrome hitch step. check out big ed's gallery of his wife's bravy; it's the same rear end and will show you what it will look like with a hitch step:yes:

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
too minivan

Abomination? Here's where I am coming from, for the last 3 years I drove a Grand Caravan, my 5.3ltr Rainier has all the room with twice the horsepower, towing capacity and traction. But frankly it looks like a minivan on a truck frame. Trucks have step bumpers, by changing the bumper to a step bumper I figure it would look less van and more truck. I would probably bang the heck out of my shins with one of those steps coming out of the trailer hitch if I went that route, I remember doing that with my Ram years ago.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,420 Posts
Abomination? Here's where I am coming from, for the last 3 years I drove a Grand Caravan, my 5.3ltr Rainier has all the room with twice the horsepower, towing capacity and traction. But frankly it looks like a minivan on a truck frame. Trucks have step bumpers, by changing the bumper to a step bumper I figure it would look less van and more truck. I would probably bang the heck out of my shins with one of those steps coming out of the trailer hitch if I went that route, I remember doing that with my Ram years ago.
They are rounded and dnt really stick out that far. But as far as doing it that's all you. I would not do it. It doesn't look anything like a minivan. Besides that the body lines would never work. I think it would be way more trouble than worth just to make it look "more like a truck". Abomination... yes that it is... I know... I had one lol.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,147 Posts
Has anyone tried installing a Trailblazer or Envoy rear bumper with the step, onto the back of a Buick Rainier?
The Envoy never had a rear bumper with the step. Even the Envoy SUT which is the most truck like suv GM made never had the step. The Trailblazer is the only one to have the step.

If you truly want the step, take your bumper to a body shop and have them fabricate a step into your bumper.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
nah you can get a trailblazer rear bumper.. just take out the center support.. its bolted on with 4 bolts after you take off the cover

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,147 Posts
They are rounded and dnt really stick out that far. But as far as doing it that's all you. I would not do it. It doesn't look anything like a minivan. Besides that the body lines would never work. I think it would be way more trouble than worth just to make it look "more like a truck". Abomination... yes that it is... I know... I had one lol.
Wait, what was that... "had one" ...you mean you have a new bumper?

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not gunna

I am not going to do the bumper mod, just wondering if anyone had. Saw pics of Trailblazers with a step bumper and never saw the step on Rainiers. BTW, I also saw a few in the junkyard when looking for all the factory stuff I'm missing. Picked up a set of roof rack cross rails and an OnStar antenae for $35. Still missing the cargo shade and the inflation accessory kit my truck originally came with. I got a list of all the options installed on my Buick and there are alot of things missing. Oh yeah, still waiting on the owner's manual the dealer is supposedly ordering for me. Another thing missing was the key to the massive lock on the cable around the spare tire, had to cut that off with a cut-off wheel, lucky I found it before I needed a spare on the side of the road. This is a recent purchase for me and the previous owner kept a bunch of parts.

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Besides I am probably one of the cheapest people on this forum, pay for a bumper cover and paint to match? yeah right...
I am a junk yard scrounger and I try to fabricate stuff, if I get really daring I hit up ebay. Got my SS style engine cover for $18 for the 5.3ltr, going to put a Buick tri-shield over the Saab emblem.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,147 Posts
Besides I am probably one of the cheapest people on this forum, pay for a bumper cover and paint to match? yeah right...
I am a junk yard scrounger and I try to fabricate stuff, if I get really daring I hit up ebay. Got my SS style engine cover for $18 for the 5.3ltr, going to put a Buick tri-shield over the Saab emblem.
Well, if you can find a trailblazer and rainier bumper for real cheap, you can cut the step out and put it on the rainier bumper. With a little modification here and there, it should work out fine.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
i saw if you got the money and the time go for it... you might need to do minor fiberglass work to make the lines look right

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice wing?

Otherwise I might try to give it a sportier look, something like this:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts