Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,my rear passenger window on my Gmc Envoy 03 xl V8 have a motor problem(i think). The window won't move up, and I had to take my hand to help the window back at is place!! Anyone know how to fix it? thanks!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
44 Posts
I had a window problem - replaced the regulator unit

I had something similar happen to my window. It wouldn't go up or down reliably and I ended up on vacation with my rear window duct taped in place for a couple of days.

You can search other posts and probably find some good information. The posts that helped the most were some on placing aftermarket speakers in the rear doors - that one had a great explanation of how to remove door panels without breaking them. There are also some window regulator posts as well.

After I did that, I saw that the whole regulator unit had come apart....it is made of plastic and steel cable and the cable had come out of the housing. On my Trailblazer the regulator came with the motor - on gmpartsdirect it looks like they sell the regulator and also the motor separately for your vehicle. So you need to make sure that your regulator unit comes with a motor. It was $121 without shipping.

Good luck!

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Does it make it any crunchin noise when you try to operate the window if so more likely than not you going to need a window regulator

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
100 Posts
That happened to me a while back - I ordered the part (regulator) - wasnt expensive at all - and printed out the walkthrough somewhere on this forum and got it done in about 30 mins tops.

amazingly simple when you consider what it would cost to have dealership do it.

While I was waiting for the regulator to arrive I just used my hands (one on the inside surface, other on the outside surface) to pull the glass up to the 'up' position, then used some tape to hold it on (looked ugly but did the job since it was rainy).

now that I think about it, the hardest part was getting the tape residue off the the weather seals / black rubber at top of window!

Good luck, let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
back windows wont go up or down 03 trailblazer ext lt

I have a 03 trailblazer lt that my back windows dont work the switch in the front wont roll them or the switch on each back window does anyone know what the issue is i had someone say the master switch might be bad but everything else works as far as front windows and all locks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts