Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

It appears that I have an Actuator that has gone bad on the rear HVAC system. When I switch the controls from the top vent to the botton, I just get a pretty loud banging noise. I have tried getting the back panel off but I'm afraid I am going to break something. Does anybody have any hints as to the best way to get this off? Or even an idea as to how to fix the problem with the actuator thing.

Thanks, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Scott

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
330 Posts
pull harder with a plastic trim tool spreading the panels after taking the 5 screws out

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's a piece of cake

Just take out the 5 screws and pull harder around the edges. I just changed my actuator and it only took me 5 mins to do. I didn't even pull my rear panels all the way off. Just enough to reach into change the actuator. The acuator only has 3 screws and an electrical plug. This site shows exactly how to do that also. I found my actuator online at amazon for $44.00. My dealer was going to charge me $200.00 to replace the part. I saved $160.00 and like I said it took me only 5 mins. to replace. Let me know it you have any more questions.

Jeff

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
...My dealer was going to charge me $200.00 to replace the part. I saved $160.00 and like I said it took me only 5 mins. to replace. ...
I swear the GM Dealers Association Ninja Strike Team is going to put together a mission to take out sites like ours that thwart their evil plans this way.....

:yes: ;) :woohoo:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just take out the 5 screws and pull harder around the edges. I just changed my actuator and it only took me 5 mins to do. I didn't even pull my rear panels all the way off. Just enough to reach into change the actuator. The acuator only has 3 screws and an electrical plug. This site shows exactly how to do that also. I found my actuator online at amazon for $44.00. My dealer was going to charge me $200.00 to replace the part. I saved $160.00 and like I said it took me only 5 mins. to replace. Let me know it you have any more questions.

Jeff
Thanks for the info, it doesn't sound too bad then. I've been too busy work on it recently. Did you have a link to where it shows how to do it? and maybe a part number for this.

Your help is greatly appreciated. This site is awsome.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
"ACDelco 15-72811 Actuator Assembly Just type in rear actuator in search box. Mine is a 04 trailblazer. Call me if you want and I can tell you exactly how to do it 770.364.6558

Jeff

·
Registered
gmc envoy_slt
410 Posts
I swear the GM Dealers Association Ninja Strike Team is going to put together a mission to take out sites like ours that thwart their evil plans this way.....

:yes: ;) :woohoo:

This site is probably the reason why GM the company is taking a pooper :undecided

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Jeff, I just ordered the part. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again

Scott

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jeff

Thank you, Thank You Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hail:

You have saved me some much time and probably money. :thx It was a breeze to fix. I just needed to pull a little harder and the panel popped right out. If I can get the picture off my phone I will post a pic of what the piece looks like on the trialblazer. It took me about 15 minutes to change out, and the hardest part was getting the panel back on.

Thanks agian everybody!!! This site is wonderfull.:woohoo:

Scott

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was finally able to get the picture off of my camera. I already have it unplugged. Hopefully this picture might be usefull to someone in the future.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts