Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 trailblazer ext. My issue is that I am replacing the actuators currently and they work just fine now after a reset but the vents don't put out any heat. I've gone below and felt the coolant lines, they seem to be warm and the ac lines seem to be cold. The issue was present before the actuator fix as well. What kind of troubleshooting can I do to fix this issue? My blower works, the temp actuator moves.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,578 Posts
You say the coolant lines seem to be warm, they should be"hot" when the engine is up to operating temperature. And where did you feel the coolant lines? Maybe you a clogged heater core.

Just read your thread title and realized you're talking about the rear system (assuming you have an EXT model). There is a valve in the engine compartment, it is located near the passenger side firewall. Unfortunately I can't include a diagram.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its right behind the coolant tank. Does it spund like a blocked heater core? Or a bad valve? Do i try to replace the heater core or heater valve? Is there any kind of way of replacing the heater valve without taking off the coolant tank and any step by step? I know im asking alot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts