Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Rear Hvac slow heat

10K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  xhondastyle07x 
#1 ·
I've been looking around for quite a while and cannot find the issue that i have. the issue is that my rear heat takes forever to get warm. example it's 30 degrees outside and after 5 minutes of driving i can turn on the front heat and it's blowing warm air. so i'll turn on the rear heat and it's blowing cold air, so I leave it on and 5 min later it's still "cool" not warm like up front. I don't understand why it would take so long for the rear heat to get hot due to the fact that if the motor is warm and the front is blowing hot air why wouldn't the rear. I have the digital hvac and i've done it both ways ie: setting the teimp up front at 90 and making sure it's only blowing out the top vents and then i tryed using the digital control in the rear. same issue.. i'll still get heat but it's not as hot as up front and it takes forever.. Thanks a bunch to anyone that can help me fix this issue i have a 2 yr old boy that is gonna freeze this winter if dad cant figure out this problem!
2004 ext,digital hvac,90,000 miles:thx

Discussion starter · #8 ·
first off thanks a bunch you guys for taking the time to pull up the diagrams and taking the time to answer my question. I will print this out and have a look tomorrow and will update as to what I find. However this may sound dumb or not what exactly is a service bulletin? Does that mean the dealer covers the cost or does that just help the dealer with fixing the problem and doesn't save me any money? as for cooking people in the back it takes atleast an hour of driving before i could cook anyone in the back. I agree thoe that it would take a little longer to get warm air out the back vents due to the lines having to run the lenth of the truck. thanks again fellas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.