Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going on short camping/float trip this weekend with a bunch of my college buddies. Its basically an excuse to get stone drunk for a couple day, and float down a river wild and half naked. Anyway, I'm taking my girlfriend with me and we are going to fold the back seats down and sleep in the car because I'm to lazy to set up a tent. I've a queen size air mattress that will squeeze in there from side to side, but its about a foot over front to back . Is there an easy way to remove the rear headrests to get the extra room I need?

also, I was going to order some 12VDC fans for the car in case it got hot. Long story short, do not order anything from http://www.compactappliance.com

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
6,943 Posts
if theres a way to remove the headrestslet me know cause ive been moving stuff for friends and theyve gotten in the way for me too..

·
Registered
470 Posts
Off subject, but to offer an option...

I would invest in an power inverter instead of the 12V fans. You can find them everywhere for under $50. You can use them for a ton of applications, not just fans, and then you can use the standard AC items/appliances when at home.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would invest in an power inverter instead of the 12V fans. You can find them everywhere for under $50. You can use them for a ton of applications, not just fans, and then you can use the standard AC items/appliances when at home.
I get mine at a discount store about 12 minutes away from my house. They are about $10 for one socket and $15-$20 for 2, but the $20 dual one has 2 fans!

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I think you have to remove some parts of the seat to remove it, but not sure.

And, I would just get an inverter, I have a 300W one I bought in 2003 that has 2 outlets. I use it to run my XBOX in the car and also dry my ski boots on the way home from the slopes.:D

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was playing in the cargo area today and looked at my rear headrest. It looks like you can remove those headrests by removing two c-clips and then pulling the headrest straight out.

The headrest pivots in the slit or cut in the seat. Pry back the material at the base of the slit (in the cargo area) and you will see a c-clip on each headrest support. I didn't try it, but it looks like if you remove the two c-clips, the headrest should be able to be removed from the seat.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
105 Posts
That's one long-ass weekend ........

Anybody know if that's the trick to removing the headrests?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
That's one long-ass weekend ........

Anybody know if that's the trick to removing the headrests?
Yes, it is true, you can remove 2 C-Clips per headrest and they will pull right out of an 06 TrailBlazer. They will fall into the seats so don't expect to get them back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts