Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the interior trim from the rear hatch on a 2002 Trailblazer LS. I need to fix my rear glass so it will open. When I push in the button nothing happens. If I smack the button with the palm of my hand it will release the latch and the window will open. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
:thx

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,029 Posts
How do you remove the interior trim from the rear hatch on a 2002 Trailblazer LS. I need to fix my rear glass so it will open. When I push in the button nothing happens. If I smack the button with the palm of my hand it will release the latch and the window will open. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
:thx
The bottom and top pieces just pull straight off. There are spring clips on the back side that press into holes in the sheet metal. The bottom piece overlaps the top piece so remove the bottom one first. First you need to remove the black push pin to the left of the glass lock mechanism.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
4 Posts
The bottom and top pieces just pull straight off. There are spring clips on the back side that press into holes in the sheet metal. The bottom piece overlaps the top piece so remove the bottom one first. First you need to remove the black push pin to the left of the glass lock mechanism.
Do you have to remove the black plastic lift handle. I removed the push pin and the left side of the trim seems to want to come off but the right side resists.

·
Registered
333 Posts
No --- that handle can stay.
Sometimes those push-clips are pretty tough and you might break a couple.
Be careful and don't do this in a very cold atmosphere.
Plastic gets very brittle when it's extra cold.
I use a high power hair drier from a 2nd hand store to help.

Just MY observation here: I think once you get a 'zip' started when some of the clips are releasing, don't hesitate and keep on going to get them all out in one piece.

Just sayin'..........

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
4 Posts
Than
No --- that handle can stay.
Sometimes those push-clips are pretty tough and you might break a couple.
Be careful and don't do this in a very cold atmosphere.
Plastic gets very brittle when it's extra cold.
I use a high power hair drier from a 2nd hand store to help.

Just MY observation here: I think once you get a 'zip' started when some of the clips are releasing, don't hesitate and keep on going to get them all out in one piece.

Just sayin'..........
ks. Been down with the reg flu but going to get back to fixing the hatch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts