Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear hatch won’t unlock. No sound of the module physically locking or unlocking the mechanism when you use the fob or driver door controls. All other items that I assume might be controlled by the rear door module like the wiper, upper brake light and the defroster work. I assumed that the lock module was bad so bought new one but that has only what seems to be an open or closed position switch. I suppose that could be bad and not reporting that the door is open or closed so the signal doesn’t Reach the module but just doesn’t seem likely to me for some reason. Haven’t taken door apart yet to look at the issue. The part I bought is the striker and position switch assy. I’ll know more when I get it apart but am I assuming the correct part or is there a more likely issue like the module. Just seeing what others have observed.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rear hatch won’t unlock. No sound of the module physically locking or unlocking the mechanism when you use the fob or driver door controls. All other items that I assume might be controlled by the rear door module like the wiper, upper brake light and the defroster work. I assumed that the lock module was bad so bought new one but that has only what seems to be an open or closed position switch. I suppose that could be bad and not reporting that the door is open or closed so the signal doesn’t Reach the module but just doesn’t seem likely to me for some reason. Haven’t taken door apart yet to look at the issue. The part I bought is the striker and position switch assy. I’ll know more when I get it apart but am I assuming the correct part or is there a more likely issue like the module. Just seeing what others have observed.
BTW it’s a 2007 envoy

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at a parts diagram looks like I bought the lock mech for the window. I probably need either the lift gate lock with actuator or perhaps the rear body control module.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts