Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Im sure im beating a dead horse, but here goes. 2006 trailblazer with 162k. The issue im having is no power to the rear hatch. Well its intermittent. I have no power to the rear defrost, rear wipers, rear locks, and ke fobs. The rear wiper still gets fluid when i push the button but i would assume the pump is upfront. The thing is when its warm out i can bang on the rear gate next to the release button and then the fob will work and unlock the hatch. The unlock button in the drivers door console wont unlock the rear gate unless i bang on the hatch. But again oy in warm weather and here in Michigan its currently 30f. Any thoughts before i have my jobs mechanic look at it.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,642 Posts
Well --- I broke training and decide to try to read your well-punctuated, yet uni-paragraph.

I won't do that again ... but you prolly have broken wires in the rubber bellows area at the top of the hatch --- near the hinges and the CHMSL.

YOUR job is to take off the tailgate inner panel and pull gently - and then increasing the pull-pressure --- until you find if you have broken conductors inside normal-looking insulation.

Go for it and report back.

Did you notice how easy it is to read a paragraph when it's all broken up into separate thoughts and statements?

Make it so.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you easily pull the wires in the 30 degeee temps? Last time i tried in this weather it didn't yield any results. Oh and i really, really enjoy long run in paragraphs that keep going. Its the "son of an elementary teacher" in me.

This is the way. I have spoken

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,642 Posts
Can you easily pull the wires in the 30 degeee temps? Last time i tried in this weather it didn't yield any results. Oh and i really, really enjoy long run in paragraphs that keep going. Its the "son of an elementary teacher" in me.

This is the way. I have spoken
Then --- you are blocked ...... I won't put up with impertinence ... and your pedigree is wasted. .

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,642 Posts
You won't put up with what you give out? Back in my day we called that hypocrisy.
Nah .. I don't have time to make decent people oiut of them. I'm too old to care for them 'cause they'd require too much of MY time to re-educate.

“Take to forgiveness and enjoin good but turn aside from the truly ignorant.”

You have unhappy people in your life? Good. That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
218 Posts
Worse than ignorant (after all, they just don't know) are ones that need to unlearn. To flush the trash out of their hard drive so newer versions of the software can install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts