Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your cargo will stay dry...

if you remove that gasket, your cargo will stay dry... some of the trailblazers now come without that gasket all together. if you have one that is sinking in, coming loose or the glue is oooozing all over the rest of the truck, there is a service bulletin for this issue and your local chevy dealer will fix it for you at no charge.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
78 Posts
gasket glue...or tree sap???

It does look like GM could have found a better way to glue that gasket in place without all the glue showing. My wife and I test drove a used '02 trailblazer before buying a new '05 trailblazer. I noticed the gasket on the '02 had sucked in and by the appearance of the glue, I assumed someone had tried to re-glue it and had done a poor job. But, then I noticed that the '05 we bought had just as sloppy of a glue job, as did all the others on the lot. That's bad enough, but what really bothers me the most is that the car wash mit fibers get caught in it when you wash it. You notice it when you go to wipe it dry and you have to pick the hair out of it - kind of fuzzy looking. :confused:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
11 Posts
Overall this has been an easy project. A good way to save $60 (what the dealer charges to replace/add the gasket). Oh yeah, almost forgot... the part # for the gasket is 15170981, and it runs about $10.

Leave it to me to dreg up a 5-year-old topic but I have to replace the seal on my 04 Envoy, and had a quick question before I take my tailgate apart.... Do I need a glue or adhesive of any sort to hold the seal in-place? It seems part of this issue many people have had has to do with too much glue used to attach the seal originally... which would seem to imply something is needed when replacing. Yes? No?

Thanks!
- A

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
5,895 Posts
Leave it to me to dreg up a 5-year-old topic but I have to replace the seal on my 04 Envoy, and had a quick question before I take my tailgate apart.... Do I need a glue or adhesive of any sort to hold the seal in-place? It seems part of this issue many people have had has to do with too much glue used to attach the seal originally... which would seem to imply something is needed when replacing. Yes? No?

Thanks!
- A
the part comes from the dealership with the gunk pre-applied

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why did you have it replaced? I noticed on mine that it looks like he seal is coming out in a couple of places. Anybody of you other guys have problems with this?
Trailblazer 2008, I took it through a Im driving wash and water was coming into the SUV. Water was coming through the center rear tailgate window. I tested again and saw it was coming in through the 3rd brake light. I used flowable Silicone clear windshield and glass sealer. It worked and I didn’t need to replace seal.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts