Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could be one of the wires that passes through the rubber boot at the top of the liftgate. They get bent with every opening and closing. Do the license plate lights work? If a broken (open) ground wire, the lights will be dead too. You should find Orange (x2) 12V Battery voltage, black GND, Light Blue Class 2 serial data, and Brown Left side marker power for the license plate lights.
My fob key stopped working I replaced battery still nothing.i notice that on the back gate the two connected to the glass on of the broke off.could this fix my problem.if so how do i fix the wire

·
Registered
556 Posts
Could be one of the wires that passes through the rubber boot at the top of the liftgate. They get bent with every opening and closing. Do the license plate lights work? If a broken (open) ground wire, the lights will be dead too. You should find Orange (x2) 12V Battery voltage, black GND, Light Blue Class 2 serial data, and Brown Left side marker power for the license plate lights.
Yeah --- do NOT probe the LtBlu wire with a test light!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same issue

I found that the ground wire was broken. Piss poor design. I spliced the ground wire and moved it out of the way and have not had a problem since it is commom to the wiper motor and the rear door lock

Hope this helps

Scott
Where is the ground wire located, do I need too take apart door?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts