Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was there ever an option for rear fog lamps on Trailvoys?
My 2007 Envoy has front fog lamps --but high intensity rear fog lamps would be a good saftey item- could help people see you ahead much sooner in dense fog.

We had thick fog recently in Manitoba (first time in years at this time of the year) and I remembered how difficult it is to see a car ahead with only normal tail lights! Most cars I drove and saw in England (20 years ago) had rear fog lamps as standard.

If there is an option for these on the Trailvoys please give me a link to something useful.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
214 Posts
I swear in the rear fuse box under the rear seat, on the sticker that shows fuse locations there is one for a rear fog. At least on my 02'

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
1,614 Posts
export trailvoys had rear fog lamps an amber lamp in the tailight

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
214 Posts
You mean Trailblazers? Because as you know the Envoy has amber turns, as does my Bravada.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm I'l have to check my rear fusebox to see.
I don't think an amber tail lamp would be allowed for a rear fog- it would have to be red, like the normal tail lights. The amber is only allowed for turn signals (or side markers on some vehicles).

I was thinking rear fog lamps may have been in a separate location, but maybe there is an option with an extra bulb in the tail lamp unit. (?)
Has anybody actually seen an Envoy (or Trailblazer, Bravada etc.) with rear fog lamps?

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
This is a pic of my front. The front fog lamps are the smaller round ones in the front-lower part of the bumper. The switch is a push-button on the dash, to the right of the light switch.

This was taken before I added mirror turn-signal lamps and auto-dim rear-view mirror with compass and temperature. I would still like an overhead console :)

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts