Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pristine 2006 TBSS got rear ended by a 1999 Tahoe (everyone stopped for the fire truck except for him - green means go no matter what to some people, I guess). Driving home the rear cargo area sounded like the tailgate was just not happy. I can't open it, but the tailgate itself doesn't look too damaged - the bottom lip might be bent, but I can't see it because the bumper cover is scrunched up over it. Should I demand a new tailgate besides the other obvious repairs? Am I in for a lifetime of tailgate misery (squeaks, leaks, etc.)?

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
definately!! if it sounds weird now,,add that to the bill!!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
i was in a similar accident in a 2002 chevy blazer xtreme. i got hit more on the dr side of rear bumper and the gate didnt open because of the damaged bumper. the tailgate ended up fine(prob about the same as yours), just some straightening. MAKE SURE they pull the rear carpet and panels up. The rear cargo area have a little ripple to it(they caught this after the estimate). I never had an issue with the repair. the accident actually gave me the opportunity to have the rear wiper and button shaved smooth. so i found a positive in a negative situation.

good luck, just make sure you find a GOOD shop. it all falls on the quality of work done. if i remember right id heard that some insurance co's have shops they recommend and if you pick one of theirs they warranty the work for life of the car or something of that nature. so if u do have an issue you take it to your insur comp.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips, all. He has GEICO, and they're supposed to hookup with me today. I know they've been one of those companies that guarantees the work, but they also will use used parts.

Although I don't think there are many used parts for a TBSS.

*sigh*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.