Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I recently traded my 04 TB LT I6 to an 06 TB SS, Im loving it so far. I just got it about 6 weeks ago and coincidentally, my rear end is sagging one morning when I get up, not knowing what caused this I finally figured out that these have the air suspension setup on the rear...well I went to the rear cargo area to flip the switch like the manual says and it doesn't do anything, the LED isn't blinking or anything...I checked the fuse and it is good, even swapped it just in case, cannot even hear the compressor kicking in at all when I first start it up, never have actually but the rear end has never sagged since Ive had it. And to mention that both sides are equal, no one side sags more than the other so I hope and pray that my air bags are good. I have taken it through the car wash several times since having it and letting the automatic spray underneath for longer periods, think maybe this caused one of the air hoses to get blown off ??? but then again, the switch for pumping up tires and basketballs and whatnot still isn't showing any signs of life. Would the switch being bad cause the air compressor to not work? I have no clue what I'm getting myself into with air suspension, never really dealt with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:thx

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Have somebody look at the LED in the back while you turn the ignition on but leave the engine off. If it doesn't flash, you might have a problem with another fuse. I don't have the SS schematics, but the 2004 Envoy with ECAS (front fuse #1 provides constant 12V) also needs a good rear fuse #48 to tell it when the ignition's on.

Beyond that, you have to get your meter in there and check out the wiring to the compressor connector to see if the power went missing between the fuse panels and the compressor. If you don't have a meter and a bit of electrical troubleshooting experience, you need to find a buddy to learn from.

Can't be an air hose issue because the compressor would fail one of its diagnostics (documented in the Owner's Manual) and would flash the LED to indicate what's wrong.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Roadie, thanks for the help man, I had my gf watch the LED on the switch while I turned the IGN on and off, and nothing. No blinking or anything, this is driving me nuts, its squatting so low I can barely fit my hand in the tire wells on both sides.

Anyone know of any fuses to check that is linked with the switch in the back? I looked up under the truck the best I could to see if I could find a broken wire or unplugged harness, and everything was good and clean, as it should be. :hopeless

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know Roadie, I was just wondering if there were any others...I don't know whats up with it, I think I'll just order some coil springs... Thanks

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
651 Posts
You said you checked the Fuse.. There are 2 of them.. One under the hood, and one under the rear seat. Did you check both of them?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both good, I just took out the compressor today and put in a T ...problem solved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts