Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody,

So the glass itself feels like it slipped off the track or something to that extent. The motor is not burned out because I can hear it just fine. What is all involved in fixing this issue? Any good tutorials would be much appreciated. I just don't want to break anything.

Thanks in advance!

-Sean McLoughlin
:thx

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
When you say you can hear your motor running, do you hear a grinding as well, as in the plastic cable or chain?... if that's the case then you'll need a new regulator...

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say you can hear your motor running, do you hear a grinding as well, as in the plastic cable or chain?... if that's the case then you'll need a new regulator...
Yea there is a bit of grinding. Is the regulator one complete system or can you buy the belt, motor, ect separately? I was planning on getting in there to see what's up but if it is just one complete system I will just buy a regulator and then tear into it.

Thanks!

·
Banned
2,006 Posts
Yea there is a bit of grinding. Is the regulator one complete system or can you buy the belt, motor, ect separately? I was planning on getting in there to see what's up but if it is just one complete system I will just buy a regulator and then tear into it.

Thanks!

Yes the regultor is one complete sytem... you can't piece together parts or buy them seperatly... the rear regulator's cost about $150 bucks from your local parts store..at least here in ohio they do... and it takes about 5 minutes to install the whole assembly..with another 10-20 minutes taking the door panel off and puttin it back on..

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the regultor is one complete sytem... you can't piece together parts or buy them seperatly... the rear regulator's cost about $150 bucks from your local parts store..at least here in ohio they do... and it takes about 5 minutes to install the whole assembly..with another 10-20 minutes taking the door panel off and puttin it back on..
Nice. That shouldn't take too much effort at all. Is it pretty straight forward how it installs? I'm sure I could probably figure it out but is there anything I should know before moving forward?

Thanks Again!

·
Banned
2,006 Posts
Pretty straight forward my friend... just becareful taking off your door panel..along with a few screws, there are little clips that hold it on, and you don't wanna break those.. if memory serves me right, there are 5 bolts that hold the regulator in place.. its been over a year since mine have been replaced so I don't exactly remember... just take your time and all will be fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts