Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if a 07 and up rear bumper cover for a trailblazer will fit on a 05 trailblazer LT? Personally I like the new rear bumpers better than the older ones and I wanna do a little modification to mine. Any answers or tips would be appreciated. THNX

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
How about an SS rear bumper??
i would only do an SS bumper if you plan on not towing anything.. The SS bumper is huge compared to the regular bumpers.. and for some odd reason GM left the trailer harness in the exact same spot on all trim packages (SS, LT, LS).. so in order to get to my trailer harness on my SS i would have to pop out the rear bumper inserts :weird:...

but if your going for looks.. then definetly an SS bumpr :woot:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya maybe I should go with the ss bumper. it would look way sicker. im not too worried about towing things its not a work truck by any means. where do u suggest i find an ss bumper for a reasonable price?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
all you have to do is get a trailer wire harness extension

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
all you have to do is get a trailer wire harness extension
tried that and it didnt work.. the whole assembly itself is welded on the same exact place as yours.. the SS bumper sits exaxtly 1/2" in front of the harness where you would plug an adapter into.. you cant even open the cover on the harness to get anything in there...but thats :eek:fftopic: and i dont even use my harness anyway lol

i dont know exactly where to look for a SS cover thats within reason.. i hear a lot of people frequect gmpartsdirect.com, or parts4chevys.com??

either way hope it works out for ya...

·
East Canada Chapter
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
404 Posts
Keep an eye on Ebay/craigslist for the SS bumper. Definately cleans up the rear end nice. Hides the spare wheel also :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
449 Posts
would that new bumper bolt right up or is there any modification that needs to be done? ( ss or 07 lt)

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
tried that and it didnt work.. the whole assembly itself is welded on the same exact place as yours.. the SS bumper sits exaxtly 1/2" in front of the harness where you would plug an adapter into.. you cant even open the cover on the harness to get anything in there...but thats :eek:fftopic: and i dont even use my harness anyway lol

i dont know exactly where to look for a SS cover thats within reason.. i hear a lot of people frequect gmpartsdirect.com, or parts4chevys.com??

either way hope it works out for ya...
Man its supposed to have a cover plugged into where you would normally plug the harness into. You unplug the harness from the BACK aka towards the front of the SS side and plug the extension into that. My dad was going to take my SS in today and have the dealership mess with it but I said NO F&%KING way, dont let them do ANYTHING without me telling them what to do. Maybe Im just anal, yes Im anal about my 02 and even more so with my SS.

I would go with an SS rear bumper tblaze2790, looks way better than even the 06-09 LT rear. You will need to weld a support bar across the back where the old cover dips down for support but thats it for the rear. Front bumper takes more effort but the rear is pretty simple.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
try this for ss bumpers might be helpful i have a 05 tb and want to do the same

/www.bumpercentral.com/inventoryresults.php?Make=Chevrolet Truck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts