Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get 2 piece rear brake dust shields. Brakes seem to have no problem with the rusted ones being rusted and broken off, but we just bought the vehicle and would like every thing in good condition.

I'm not sure it is worth the trouble or chance of damaging anything to remove the axles.

My mechanic says Dorman has a 2 piece set, but the only thing I saw at Dorman or Napa which is Dorman, says 2 piece set, but it only means a left and a right as being 2 pieces, not 2 halves of one side that can be replaced without removing the axle.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an 04 Isuzu Ascender AKA Envoy/Trailblazer and I had no luck finding a split backing plate so I got one and split it myself and just made 2 simple brackets for each side of the cut and riveted it back together. then used undercoating to make sure they didn't rust. that was 5 years ago and they look the same today as the day I put them on. and I live in Syracuse NY so I get plenty of snow and salt and Yuck.

John Miller

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
4 Posts
I bought the GM backplates and had to remove the axles to
replace the shields. Not really too much trouble to do except a little time consuming.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts