Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting close to changing my rear axle fluid soon and got a question...
if i use ROYAL PURPLE sae 75W90 synthetic axle lube do i still need to
use the GM 4oz limited-slip axle lube additive?

·
Registered
2006 chevy
11 Posts
The Royal Purple bottel says it has the limited slip additive included. I did not add limited slip additive when I changed mine with Royal Purple and have had no issues. I think I used about 21/2 bottels.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help. i drop R/P a email and 1 of the tech's said you don't
need to add it but after doing fluid change take truck to empty parking lot do a few circles and if you hear a whine or noise then you should add it.
go figure

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
1,012 Posts
Doesn't the '07 have the G80 which is fully mechanical and doesn't require an additive?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The OP has an SS with a 9.0" limited slip posi unit, and the G80 wasn't ever an option. It has clutches.

Actually, the G80 has clutches, and there has been a debate over the additive. GM says it's not needed, but some members report noise without it. It can't hurt to add it if needed for noise.

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
1,012 Posts
The OP has an SS with a 9.0" limited slip posi unit, and the G80 wasn't ever an option. It has clutches.

Actually, the G80 has clutches, and there has been a debate over the additive. GM says it's not needed, but some members report noise without it. It can't hurt to add it if needed for noise.
Ah, thanks for the good points. I promised myself that I'd never be one of those guys that makes comments regarding a member's vehicle without reading his vehicle description...but I failed. :duh:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
21 Posts
The Royal Purple bottel says it has the limited slip additive included. I did not add limited slip additive when I changed mine with Royal Purple and have had no issues. I think I used about 21/2 bottels.
when you put the oil in the rear did you fill it to it start coming out the top to know it was full.:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts