Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Trailblazer with a Non Bose single cd factory radio. I have just installed an OEM factory navigation unit (GM part#15811289) along with a USA Spec PA11-GM iPod adapter. I also ran the VSS wire with a switch so the wife can navigate while I drive.:)

The install went well and the factory Navigation and the iPod adapter work fine. The problem is, now my rear audio will not power up or produce sound through the headphones. When I say rear audio, I don't mean a rear dvd system. I just have the rear radio and volume controls with 2 headphone jacks.

I have read that you lose rear audio controls when you install an aftermarket nav system, but I thought I would retain my rear audio controls with a OEM factory Nav system. Is this not the case? Could the USA Spec PA11-GM iPod adapter be causing the problem? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My TB did not come with Xm radio, and my Onstar is the old analog type, so I don't use it.

Come on guys, How about a little help??? :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump!!!:)

I'm still stumped.... I checked fuses and wiring and still no rear audio. Come on guys, I know someone has some information, I just gotta pry it out of ya!!! :eek: I'm praying to the Trailvoy gods here!!! :hail:

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
81 Posts
I have a 2003 Trailblazer with a Non Bose single cd factory radio. I have just installed an OEM factory navigation unit (GM part#15811289) along with a USA Spec PA11-GM iPod adapter. I also ran the VSS wire with a switch so the wife can navigate while I drive.:)

The install went well and the factory Navigation and the iPod adapter work fine. The problem is, now my rear audio will not power up or produce sound through the headphones. When I say rear audio, I don't mean a rear dvd system. I just have the rear radio and volume controls with 2 headphone jacks.

I have read that you lose rear audio controls when you install an aftermarket nav system, but I thought I would retain my rear audio controls with a OEM factory Nav system. Is this not the case? Could the USA Spec PA11-GM iPod adapter be causing the problem? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve.
what i would try is taking the interface out that you installed and seeing if the rear audio resumes to normal and if it does reinstall that piece and pay close attention to every connection and go from there, check rcas as well.. maybe try a different interface that one could be defective.... just trying to help

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input. :) I was just hoping that someone would have some info that would not involve me taking the whole thing apart again just to do trial and error. I guess that might be just what I have to do. Anyone else want to chime in? I'm all ears. :)

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
59 Posts
:iagree: I added OEM nav (don't remember exact part # but is the lux TNR) and have Bose, OnStar, RSE and the rear audio/air control thing and all of it still functions. You might try (it will cost a pretty penny) going to the dealership and having them take the tech II to it and resetting all the options.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts