Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently we noticed that the rear suspension on the 2002 GMC Envoy SLT was a lot higher than the front suspension. It appeared that the air suspension was over inflating. When I check for the problem, I found a strut like arm that is attached to the frame and to the bottom of the chasis. It looks like it was a sensor of sorts.

I went to the dealer, and they listed a part number AC Delco #504-535, Rear Load Leveling Shock.

The dealer did not have it in stock, and was not able to provide a picture of the part. Does anyone have a picture of this part, so I know what I am looking at. I want to order, but unsure if that was the correct part. Will disconnect the arm this coming monday. Please advise.

thanks

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Why not loosen the sensor screws and rotate them so they don't command the compressor to inflate the bags as much? How are you certain it's a bad sensor (two of them?) instead of a simple adjustment?

The part the dealer advised you is not for your vehicle at all. It's an absolutely insane suggestion. And even if it fit it would not at all be a possible solution. It's an air-adjustable SHOCK! You have separate shocks and air bags that replace the coil springs!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.