Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, was wondering if anyone could help me out with this particular issue... I have an 04 EXT with auto climate control and the rear blower won't shut off even with ignition off and key out. I've seen other posts about the front doing that but not the rear.... Any ideas? Would it most likely be the blower control thing that I read on another post?
I got it to go off by removing the fuse under the seat (#13, rear air controls).

thanks for any help,
Todd

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Yep, it's the same deal as the front. The rear blower motor also uses a speed control module. Pulling the fuse removes the B+ from the controller.

Looks like a new controller is required.

Not sure exact location, but it's near the rear blower motor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

Sorry took me so long to get back, I will check the links... sounds like the controller for the rear only which is near the rear blower...I will see what I can do...

thanks!

Todd

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry took so long to get back

Sorry took so long to get back. Finally decided to pick up the rear blow speed control module and give it a try... IT FIXED IT! thanks so much for this forum as it saved me several hundred dollars. The dealer would have wanted $179 for the part plus probably at least $150 in labor... I got the part off Amazon for $75(new).

thanks again guys,

Now I have to get to the threads to see if my 4x4 is engaging properly... I have been checking it by putting it in 4-hi and trying to spin my front tires in gravel but only the rear spin...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts