Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it is almost summertime in HOTlanta, and as temps approach the 90s I have been running my A/C alot lately. Just noticed that my rear air vents don't blow nearly as cold as the front vents. I have tried using the rear control on high speed, and it just seems like the air does not get very cold. Anyone else have this issue??

·
Registered
79 Posts
mrbflat, when you turn the fan speed on high for the rear vents, are you getting a good air flow or is it weak? The only reason I ask this is my two front drivers side vents (one by drivers door and the one closest to the driver in the center of the dash) would only blow warm air at a low air flow regardless if I had the fan speed turned up all the way. Turned out a Temperature Door Module failed and cost about $500. I doubt if this is the case with you the cost would be as much because they had to yank out my entire dash to replace the $125 part and I'd be surprised if the modual for the rear vents is located in the same place. Is your rig out of warranty?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the rear fan works fine, blows pretty strong on "3". Yesterday, I actually sat in the back and adjusted the rear controls, with the driver control on "R". I have the digital display, so I could see where the rear A/C temp was set all the way to "C" and I turned the fan control all they way up. I did feel a but colder, but then the truck was just sitting at idle, so I still could not get the full effect. Maybe next time I have some passengers back there, I can get better feedback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts